Chapter 14

Okie dokie my lovely readers here is the next chapter!!! School is so draining so the updates might slow down even more but I will try to upload the next chapter during the week.

WARNING! There is some violence in this chapter in the form of torture for Nia!! It needs to be done because Michael isn't going to just let her sit in her room for the whole story. If you don't want to read it then message me and I will give you a summary of what happens. Again, WARNING!!

Enjoy :)     [Also don't forget to vote and comment!]

*************************************************************************************************

             You know the sensation of being moved while you are asleep? That was what was going through my body. I could feel to arms lift me up but the drugs were causing me to be too drowsy to do anything about it. I could will my eyes to open to see who it was.

            I felt the mattress of the cot in the corner of the room touch my back as whoever had been carrying me laid me down. It wasn’t the most comfortable thing but I preferred it over the cold concrete floor. The person’s arms slid out from underneath me but I didn’t hear his footsteps retreat. I tried desperately to open my eyes to look at who was standing next to me but to no avail. Then I heard it. He spoke.

            “I’m sorry Nia,” he said and the sound of his footsteps followed by the door to my room closing meant that I was once again alone.  I immediately recognized the voice as Dominic’s which was both relieving and frustrating. I was relieved that it was him rather than his father or some other hunter that could take advantage of my vulnerable state. But I didn’t forget the fact that he was a part of this. He was the reason I was so drugged up right now. Was that what he was apologizing for?

            Slowly the drowsiness from the drugs was trying to pull me back under into the abyss of unconsciousness. I willed myself not to succumb. Ordered my body to move but nothing worked and shortly, I was back in the dark corners of my mind.

            I don’t know how long I slept for but the next time I heard the sound of my door open and footsteps entering my room, I was able to open my eyes. My body still felt heavy but at least I could turn my head to see who had come in. At the time I thought it was a good thing but I’d later regret that I could see what would happen to me.

            Over by the door, Michael and Dominic were chatting so quietly that I wasn’t able to make out anything they were saying. Michael’s body was blocking the rest of Dominic but I could clearly see his face. By the way Dominic’s eyebrows furrowed and how his mouth turned into a frown, I could tell he was arguing with his dad about whatever it was. I tried to roll over on the cot closer to the wall but it only helped to alert them that I was watching them. Both of their eyes flashed over in my direction.

            “Ah Nia, I’m glad to see you are awake. This will make your punishment a lot more fun for me,” Michael said with a smirk, turning his body towards me and walking slowly to where I lay. Dominic followed but went to the far wall. In his hands, I could make out a tripod and video camera. My stomach lurched where I lay. What punishment could Michael give me that involves a camera? My mind went wild with different ideas and the more I thought about it, the more anxious I got.