Part 7

Sofia-

I walk down stairs and see that Rebekah and Klaus are having breakfast

I go to sit down and eat but get nauseous as I see Klaus biting into some women

I close my eyes and breathe in deeply and when the nausea goes away I open my eyes

I grab a piece of bacon and listen to their conversation

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" He drains the women wrist in his cup as Rebekah speaks, "No. should I have?"

I take another piece of bacon as Klaus answers, "Well, he's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me, some might say. I thought, perhaps, he may have whispered reasons into your ear, along with all of those sweet nothings."

He smirks cutely at Rebekah, "If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you"

I can feel the shift in the room as Klaus stares at Rebekah, "Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes. My saintly, noble brother lies writhing in agony up stairs in his room, victim of my bastard brother's bite when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain."

I sit on the couch as I watch them bicker, "on the contrary, Nik I am simply enjoying my brekkie waiting for Elijah's healthy return."

I look over towards Klaus, "oh, come on, Rebekah. You've been giving me the devils eye all morning. Out with it"

I laugh slightly at his boldness and he sends me a wink before turning back to her "perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth."

He gets upset, "poppycock. I would never bite you."

Rebekah makes a face and Klaus continues, "Elijah made some very Offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger."

I stare at him in confusion and Rebekah laughs slightly, she stands and leans over the table, "there's something fundamentally wrong with you."

She leaves and I stare at his reaction, I get up and make my way up stares to see Elijah

I walk in to see him breathing hard and he's sweaty

I rush to his side and bring some water up to his lips, "here drink this" he takes it from my hands and starts to drink it but then throws it up on my shoes

I cringe in disgust and he lays back, "forgive me, please." I smile softly, "it's ok" I take a damp towel and place it on his head softly and and he closes his eyes and I smile

He starts to cough and I panic slightly, "I'll just go get the blood from him, this has gone on way to long" he grabs my hand softly, "I'm fine, please just return to your reading"

I look at the door and pull the book out that I found at the Bayou

"I went through the whole thing, it's just a regular Bible, with an entry in the family tree, that may or may not be me, but you know I've been a little busy worrying about you."

He looks at me, "Sofia please, this fever will make me unstable. Now, once these hallucinations begin, I'll start to see things. I will start to say things. You must leave me."

I shake my head, "I'm not gonna leave you like this." He starts to cough once again and I bring the rag up to his head and wipe down his face

"Come on Elijah, let me just go and try to get the cure from your brother, it's the least I can do, after all it is my fault your in this position"