8

"Hi Lou!" At the sound of the voice he looks behind to see Crystal laying on a lounger with shades on top of her hair. She smiles widely at Louis before beckoning him to come closer,

"Have a seat here!" She exclaims patting the recliner next to her, Louis shrugs and with his mojito sits down next to her, "How's the preparations going?"

"We are almost done. So there's only three days left. How're you doing?" And even though it hurts to ask Louis does it anyway,

"Oh I'm so excited! I can't wait to start a home with Harry. Isn't he so nice?" She sighs dreamily staring at her fiancé who was speaking on his phone, Louis looks at him before nodding, "He is."

"Yeah.... So what's your story? A partner? You must be engaged as well won't you? With that beautiful ring you carry around." Louis smiles sadly and shakes his head, "No... no partner." Crystal flinches, "Ah I'm sorry... but I'm really curious about that ring."

"It's my ex's.... He gave it to me and ever since I haven't taken it off." Her blue eyes widens and she sits Indian style as If to hear some story, "Your ex? So what happened?"

Louis chuckles and shrugs, "He fell out of love. It's seven years since our breakup."

"And you still love him?" She asks and Louis looks at her, "Is it that obvious?"

"My goodness. That's true love I guess.... I've never felt what's it like. He's a jerk though. You're pretty and damn perfect, why would he leave someone like you?" She asks frowning as if she's offended on Louis' behalf and he giggles at her actions,

"Hey I'm serious! You're a babe! If I were into pretty boys like you, fuck Harry I would've married you." Louis continues to laugh, "Oh Crystal, but you're already getting married and to a good man like Harry. So let's not talk about it. But even I don't know why he left."

"Ah don't tell me! That asshole didn't even gave you a closure. So how was your relationship like?" She asks looking every bit of a child and she's adorable really,

"It was beautiful... honestly speaking. I..I loved him very much and he did too, we were like the couple from a fairy perfectly capable for each other, our three years together was the best for me, and then he proposed, I was like the most lucky boy in the world to have a partner like Ha—him. But like all good things in the world it came to an end." He shrugs and Crystal gasps, her eyes filling with tears, "Why'd he do that?"

And isn't it what Louis wants to know as well? He shrugs as an answer and drinks his mojito, "Don't know."

"I'm very sad. I hope I have a love like that too. From what you said about your relationship it sounded really beautiful and I want that too minus the breakup obviously. I...I'm not in love with Harry yet, but I already am falling. He's very kind you know. And like the dream man."

"Yeah... I hope you get that too." He says and he's not lying, Crystal's a nice person and Louis realised it already, he really can't bare to see anyone beside Harry if it's not him and Louis as much as of a good person she is, Louis' still jealous. But hating Crystal is not like him. His mother always used to say that Louis' heart was too big for something like Hate to reside in it, Louis' never hated anyone and he's never going to.

"Plus...Louis I'm really sorry." She says and Louis frowns, "What for?"

"I-I lied to you. My father's very well but because of some reasons we had to proceed our marriage quickly and I thought of no other reason than to lie so I'm really sorry also you were very scary back then." She mumbles and Louis couldn't even bring himself to be angry as he laughs.

"It's all good. Let bygones be bygones."

******

Louis was drunk..... it was Harry and Crystal's bachelor party and Louis was just lost. He wasn't in club or anything instead sitting outside the balcony, he giggled at a stone before gulping another sip from the bottle of vodka he fished.