Really Taking a Gamble There Buddy-

This is NOT what I meant by being seen. I've been left on seen, to be exact. Quinn and I had decided to go to the mall, we both need some new clothes.

"So..which one says, 'please I need this job plus I'm hot,' more?" Quinn swung around and held up two sets of outfits. I looked up from my phone after refreshing an embarrassing number of times.

"Uhh, that one." I pointed to the one I thought they would like more and they smiled.

"RIGHT?! Ugh, you're a lifesaver. I'm so indecisive, almost bought both. What would I do without you?" They sashayed to the register and I laughed.

"Probably cry, you'd be broke."

They paid for their items and I followed them out into the open, waiting for the next store to distract me from my phone. I pulled it out again and huffed. No reply.

"Girl why are you checking your phone so damn much, you got a date already?" They teased.

"No...quite the opposite, actually."

"Someone else matched with you? Who? You didn't even show me!"

"Of course other people matched with me I just- I don't know," I started, sliding my phone back into my pocket. Quinn stopped in their tracks and eyed me. I looked back at them and furrowed my eyebrows. "What? Why are you doing that?"

"Hm." Quinn pursed their lips and began to walk again.

"What does HM mean?"

"I know you aren't fixating on that weirdo from earlier,"

"No, I'm not. And what exactly makes you think they're weird?" I asked.

"UH, I DON'T KNOW, I can't decide if the fact he didn't even have his age on his account is a bigger red flag than having four arms." He said as a matter of factly.

"You may be right-"

"I'm definitely right but go ahead." Quinn rolled their eyes.

"Shut up. You may be right, but what if he is just some funky cosplayer? He's still hot."

"GIRL NOW YOU ARE MAKING EXCUSES FOR HAVING FOUR ARMS- Do you hear yourself?!"

My phone 'dinged' almost simultaneously and I jumped, pulling it from my back pocket.

"IT'S HIM!" I smacked Quinn's arm and they yanked me into the next store, shaking their head.

???: Hey

Me: Hey! :)

???: Shit, my bad, didn't mean to leave you on read! Got super caught up with work, you know how it is.

Me: No you're totally fine haha, didn't even notice. Actually, I don't :( Looking for jobs rn.

???: I see, hope u find one soon. I'm sure you will with such a pretty face. What are you looking for?

Me: Thank you ahh stop you're too kind. In a partner or?

???: No hahaha job-wise

Me: WHOOPS SORRY LMAO! And anything really, kinda interested in anything and everything, as long as it's not too boring.

Seen 3:32 pm

Shit was that lame? No, I'm sure it's fine. He is probably just busy. Stop worrying so much about people you barely know, (Y/N).

I looked up from my phone and held down the power button. Turning off my phone seemed like the best thing to do right now.

"Oooh this is YOUR color girl, here, go try it on." Quinn closed the small distance between them and me and I took the clothes from them carefully.

"Really?" I asked.

"For sure. Go go go!" They nodded aggressively and started to shove me towards the dressing rooms.

After a successful day of shopping and going out to eat, I was exhausted. I tossed the bags full of things Quinn oh so graciously bought me onto my bed and soon plopped down right next to them. I stared at my ceiling thoughtfully, listening to my slowed heartbeat. Rolling over onto my side, I removed the uncomfortable object that was keeping me from relaxing, my phone. I almost forgot I had turned it off. For the past month or so all I have been doing is stuff on my phone. Applying for jobs, making random wish lists, and just scrolling through the mounds of useless media. My last job was just some silly front desk position for some hotshot company, that obviously didn't go well. I ended up quitting after four months because they always had something to complain about. Which is fine, I wasn't really fit for that position anyway. I waited for my phone to fully turn back on before lying on my stomach and opening up the job finder app. I scrolled and scrolled..until one position caught my eye. I wasn't really looking forward to anything too active, but I also hated sitting around.

'NOW HIRING IN YOUR CITY!!! Freddy Fazbear's Mega Pizzaplex is now open and searching for eager and extraordinary employees to make a Pizzaplex a place where kids and adults alike can make their wildest dreams come true! Still interested? Great! Here are some positions and links that will hopefully put you one step closer to becoming a part of the Fazbear Family here at Fazbear Entertainment:

-Front Desk Associate

-Daycare Attendant

-Janitor

-Security Guard (overnight shift)

-Waitress

-Video Game Consultant

-Assistant Musician (full pay)

-Mechanic

And many more!! Please contact us at......'

I half snarled at the thought of working with children. Not that I hate kids or anything, I just strongly dislike them.

"A mega pizzaplex huh.." I laughed at the possibility of even considering it.

'Ding'

I accidentally clicked the notification, my phone redirecting me to my chats with the mysterious musician. I gasped and sat up.

"SHIT! No no no! Now I look desperate as fuck ughhh! Why do these things always happen to me?" I cursed at the ceiling and fell onto my knees.

???: Apologies again, you'll have to forgive me. My occupation seems to be keeping me from getting to know you, (Y/N). That is your real name, correct?

I might as well respond since I clicked into his message already.

Me: Stop apologizing! It's fine, really. And yeah, that's me :). You said on your account that you're a musician?

???: Oh my, what are you doing up this late. My message didn't wake you I hope. Indeed I am, though I mostly work with the little ones haha. What a lovely name.

Me: Don't flatter me and don't lie lmao it's a boring name, I bet yours is much better, but thank you <3 And I am usually up this late don't worry. So you play music for kids? That's hard to believe. NO OFFENSE, you just don't strike me as the 'i like kids' type.

???: None taken, and you're kind of right. I'm a DJ of sorts. My name is unfortunately not quite as pretty as yours sweetheart. In fact, you almost make me feel silly. At least your name isn't your occupation as well.

Me: What is that supposed to mean haha I think I'd have to sue for copyright reasons if my name was also my job lmao. A DJ wow that's pretty crazy, I wish I could be that exotic. Wait so is your name DJ or

DJ: It is :)

"DJ..." I said under my breath. I subconsciously smiled to myself and held my phone to my chest excitedly. My messy room ruining my happy moment caused me to frown.

I'll clean it tomorrow. I really will this time.

My thoughts from earlier weaseled their way into my mind as I peered at my phone screen.

Take more risks, be seen.

Without thinking, I applied for the job. I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding; I started to laugh. First a dating app and now a job I didn't even read the description for.

Who knows? Maybe music will become my new favorite thing.

1245 Words