The Fazfucking Family Tree.

DJ had ended up leaving first thing in the morning. He texted thanking me for letting him stay the night and said he had business to attend to at the Pizzaplex. I stared at the text for like five minutes straight before pouting and falling face-first into the couch. Last night I was going to try and talk to him about what had happened between us, but things just kept going cold or I suddenly wasn't as confident as I thought I was. I fell asleep trying to think of what to say to him and now I deeply regret it. I pounded my fist into the armrest and cried out dramatically.

"Whyyy?! Why did you have to interrupt, QUINN?! You dumb hypocrite, I thought you were rooting for me!"

They smothered me with a couch pillow and sipped their tea, sitting at the bar. "It is true, I did it on purpose. BUT, I had a good reason you lust-driven FOOL!" They spat and adjusted their facemask. I slowly turned my head around to look into their eyes.

"Oh? Did you now? AND WHAT COULD THAT HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN, HUH?!" I chucked the pillow, and they dodged it.

"Because there's something going on here, that's why." They said ominously. I blinked and looked to the side.

"Yeah, no fucking shit. And you fucked it up and I'll never see him again...just going to die here of embarrassment." I whined. Quinn set their mug down and leaned over the back of the couch.

"No, dumbass, I'm serious. At first, I thought you were just going to hook up with this guy. But when you told me he offered you a job...and has a kid...and then he comes over- I saw the way he looked at you, (Y/N)."

I sniffled and attempted to follow their train of thought. "You're saying you think he likes me and so you wanted to professionally cockblock? I don't get it, you're still a traitor."

"God, never mind, you slow hoe. You'll thank me later- and when you do, I want to be the godmother/godfather all in one. Like a package deal. Being nonbinary is the best." They retreated back into their room and left me alone with my thoughts.

What do they mean by that?

-----

It's been three days since DJ left and three days that I had not texted him back. What Quinn said really got in my head, overthinking and shit. DJ having feelings for me would be the best possible outcome for me right now and I was NOT about to mess it up...unless I already did.

UGH, ANYWAYS.

I had been up all-night researching how to make sure you don't ruin your chances with someone you like and now had a pretty solid plan already in the works. It was currently 12:39 PM and the sound of my phone almost made me have a heart attack. I was currently running off of three cups of coffee and a half-eaten granola bar that sadly fell on the floor and is now a hairy..half-eaten granola bar. I curiously picked up my phone and stared at the message from DJ.

DJ: Are you coming in?

Am I coming in? Huh? Ohhh, they did say a four-day weekend. Shit, it's Monday. Not only that, but my brain is still mentally stuck in yesterday. Really feeling like a walking jetlag right now. I did my best to make my face look halfway decent and was already in the car before I realized I forgot my uniform.

Whatever. He said I didn't have to wear it if I didn't want to, anyways.

I sipped on my fourth cup of coffee as I drove and immediately regretted it. Coffee on an empty stomach does not go well. My hands started to get shaky, but I did my best to pull myself together before heading inside. I ran into Willow on the way in and she just caught me up on how Gator Golf was still closed but was almost done being fixed.