XXXV

Vale shoots up from her seat threatened by his presence. She scurries behind me standing with her hand on my shoulder, "Good afternoon, King."

He smirks, "You told my wife that I wanted to cut off your tongue?"

I hear Vale swallow, "Yes."

"Did you tell her why I threatened you in such a drastic way." He moves forward wrapping his hand around mine to pull me into him. I leave the touch of Vale to be shoved against his chest, my nose burning slightly at the bump.

"Sir..." She whispers falling to her knees.

Raphael turns his head down to mine. His red eyes are welcoming, almost loving, when he smirks towards me, "Your attendant requested I visit her chambers, since you weren't interested this morning."

What. "Vale?"

Not that I care she was trying to get laid, more the confusion of the other attendant she was interested in, and the fact the King is male, "I couldn't help myself! I still have some attraction to men. Better to define me as bi, but Sultana it wasn't meant to be anything like that..."

I had no words. Not that I was mad or anything, I have nothing to be mad at. The anger that develops deep in my belly is from the false bond, not anything that I personally feel. Valerian weeps on the floor holding her face when the black tendrils slowly leave his fingertips. I grab his arm begging for forgiveness, but he doesn't stop wrapping them around her already bruised neck.

"While you will be angry with me darling, she is no good for you. You will forgive me one day." He closes a fist the black slowly lifting her off the ground to drown the life out of her. I watch her body shake much like Jamals, feet kicking nothing in desperation.

I try to scream, feel, do anything but I stay frozen. Such a hero I am. Come on! Think!

Her eyes roll back, body slowing its movements. I grab at his face turning him towards me. He pauses at crushing her neck, a single breath allowed to fill her lungs. I shove myself onto my toes, eyes closed pulling his face into mine to bring him into a deep kiss.

I hear the drop of her body on the floor heavy breathing following suite, but my focus on her is drug away as his palms gently lay on my lower back pulling me in.

Our lips clash against one another. He fights for dominance against mine, the electric buzz zipping through my skin like fireworks. I press myself into him further allowing the weird tug I have for him to guide me for just a moment. His tongue runs over my bottom lip, my mouth opening to him. His taste is exquisite mixing with mine, his touch even more addicting.

My heart beats heavy against my chest, the sound of Vales groans bringing me back to center. I pull myself away, our separation mixing our breaths together, his face surprised.

"J'kani?" He groans using a hand to push a small piece of hair behind my ear, "That was magnificent."

I back away from him, the emotion of the moment becoming too much. Being close to him does something I don't much care for, and the only reason he got a kiss was a diversion from killing Vale. A last idea and only idea scenario.

I let my eyes wander to Vale who is holding her throat, tears running down her face, she spits at the ground towards my face, "You really are the fucking beauty to his beast."

My hands raise at her in an attempt to calm her down. Raphaels hand trails off of my hip when I walk near her to fall onto my knees as well, "Vale, I'm not mad."

"Oh please. Get away from me. You single handedly put me into this hell. I take back anything I said. Being abused by your father was better than this shit. Get away from me!" She throws her hand out shoving me back onto my ass, I hear a growl from behind me and turn to see the King pissed off his rocker.

"I'll rip your throat out for touching her." He snaps stepping over me, I grab at his shirt begging him to stop, but before I could get close enough to do anything, he tears his nails into her neck ripping it to shreds. Her eyes roll back once more, body falling back onto the library carpet. I scream shoving myself back with my feet, her body convulses as she bleeds, the blood seeping deep into the carpet. I turn my head to avoid the smell, the copper churning my stomach.

I hear her final gurgle, and the sigh of the King as he calls for clean up. He steps past me, his kind smile back again, "Come, we have things to do."

"You... you killed her."

"And I will do it again. No one will harm you again, ever."