X

This time I woke up in my bed with my neighbor sitting next to me in a folding chair. She looked different this time though, her eyes shined red and black swirling tattoos cover her body, her once covered scars being shown to the world but standing angry and as red as ever, almost as if they were fresh.

"You wrote him, again, didn't you?" Myrina mumbles and lowers her head to the ground hiding herself from me.

I nod.

She sucks in a deep breath and runs her hand through her hair letting her frustration show through her body language, "Sultana... I can't protect you from him forever... he's going to win. He alwayswins." I watch as she pulls on some of the roots of her hair stressing more and more as she tries to speak.

"What is going on?" I ask her and she looks up at me surprised to hear me speak and more surprised to see me curious, wondering about more than myself. It surprises her.

"A very powerful man has found you and you mean... very much to him. He wants you and that means taking you from this world to be with him to forever be completely submissive. This to him a game of chase... but he's getting impatient fast. I can't hold Jamal off for forever and now he has Dahn in the mix..." She starts to mumble and slaps her hands on her legs catching me off guard.

Myrina looks at me and sighs heavily obviously trying to figure out what she is going to say next.

"I found out who you are." She seems to want to cry, but I have become emotionless to it, "You are Sultana Wild."

My name says it all. She knows where I come from. The family that broke and now I am left to take the pain that my father wants to bestow.

"I am."

"What is your father doing to you? Someone as rich as you should not be living in a hell hole such as this." She leans forwards as if she actually expects me to answer her, "He is the one that hits you isn't he. Not a boyfriend."

She said it with such certainty that I knew I didn't have to respond. She knew.

"Your father beats you for what reason? Does this monster have an actual gain from this? You know when I was your age, I handled problems like this by taking over the entire city. Do you need help?"

I brutally shook my head and waved my arms forcing myself to respond as obviously as possible ignoring her statement about taking over cities: I do not want help.

His lips graced my collar bone as I lay with my back against the bed my skin burning with need for him, for his touch. His fingers run down my sides and place themselves on the back of my legs as he moves forward to tower over me. I try to open my eyes to see him, this man bringing me so much pleasure... but I can't...

I shoot up out of bed and run my hands down my face wicking off the sweat from the night before. Myrina lays on the other side of me with her arms crossed and still sleeping like a baby. She 'informed' me that she was staying to make sure I don't write to him again, but why would I? He freaks me out more than I would like to admit, but I also feel like she stayed over because she learned about my father it really seemed to bother her earlier even when I tried to explain that I am fine.

She didn't believe my rapid hand movements.

The clock on my bedside table blinks brightly displaying that it is two am in the morning and I groan in disgust, I want nothing to do with that. Gathering my wits, I walk to the kitchen and look around for something to eat besides whip cream. Looking for few more minutes I finally realize that it's the whip cream or nothing. Not that I mind that much.

Grabbing the can I raise I to my lips and fill my mouth with the sweet goodness thanking the gods for the creation of whip cream. Someone was really looking out for mankind.

My eye gaze around the room and I see the chard note sitting dead in the middle of the counter just waiting for someone to come and read it. But I can't. No way am I writing him again. Honestly, I am surprised that Myrina hasn't ripped the note into pieces.

"What are you doing out of bed Sultana." The can of whip cream gets thrown behind me and I watch the petite figure drop to the ground dodging my attack. The bottom of the whip cream lodges itself into my wall and the scared old lady slowly stands up with her hands raised. Shit, now I lose my deposit.

"Eating." I mumble and close the fridge door slowly watching her breath heavily. She whips her head around and see the unhealthy dinner that I chose and rolls her eyes.

"You chose to eat whip cream for dinner? Sultana..." Her disappointment comes off her in waves and I laugh lightly.

"All I have." Shrugging my shoulders, I walk behind her and grab the metal can out of the wall and finish it off letting the annoying squirt sound at the end ring through the room.

"Seriously? Why do you not just ask me for help?"

"I do not need help." I mumble and she rolls her eyes again trying to force herself to understand my reluctance for other people.

Ever since I lost everything, I have made it my priority to not rely on anyone. You can't trust people and they can't trust you. The world isn't fair.