Chapter 7

Weeks have passed since you last seen Taiju and you missing his touch to the point that you can't concentrate on your school studies and you started to ignore your best friend Lisa. Your calls and text went unanswered, your left so many messages that his voicemail was full. "What if this whole thing was a figment of my imagination and he wasn't actually in love with me," you whispered to yourself. You would spend your nights and weekends up locked in your room hoping that he would call you, but it was all in vain. You hear a knock at your front door and pulling you out of your depressed slump. "Hey Y/N, you weren't returning my calls or text, so I was worried about you, so I came to check up on you," she said knocking. You pull yourself from the couch and walked over to the door and slowly opened it. "Damn girl you look like shit," she said walking pass the threshold. She walked over to the window and pulled the curtain back allowing the sun to shine through blinding you as squint your eyes until your eye adjust to the light. "It's such a beautiful day out maybe we should go to the park and soak up some of the sunrays," she smiled. You rolled your eyes and plop down on the couch pulling your knees to your chest letting out an aspirated sigh.

You feel the cushion next to sink as Lisa pull the blanket off of you. "Why are you so depressed? Did someone die or something like that? Or was it that boy you are so obsessed with?" she asked. Your eyes snap in her direction and let out a scoff. "I'm sorry if it's a sensitive topic...so let's get you in the shower and head to the park," she said changing the subject hoping off the couch and pulling you towards the bathroom. You follow her as she help you strip out of your clothes and turn on the shower allowing you lather and clean your body. Lisa walks into your room and pull a pair of short pants from dresser with a cute shirt to match and wait for you to exit the shower. You exit the shower and make your way to the room and put on the clothes Lisa laid out for you made towards the living room. "You look so much better...go bestie," she smiles and embrace you in a hug. "Now we can go get some fresh air and leave stuffy and depressing apartment," Lisa said putting on her sandals. You put on your shoes and make your way out the door. The fresh air waft through your nose and you let out a sigh of relief. The sun felt amazing on your skin as you start to feel like your old self...the girl before Taiju.

You guys stop by the convince store and picking up sodas, chips, and sandwiches to have a makeshift picnic. You made your way to the neighborhood park and pick a shady tree under and relax. She tell you about the new guy who caught her attention, and you immerse yourself in every word that spills from her lips, but your mind began to drift. You try to forget about Taiju about he was constantly in the back of your mind even now. "Hey Y/N are you listening to me," Lisa asked. "Of course, I am well it seems like he's treating right but if he cross the line, I will beat the shit out of me," you say taking a sip of soda. "Well, it seems like your mind is somewhere else," she chuckled. You just smile as she nudge you causing you to fall over on the grass below causing her to burst out in laughter. "Race you to the swings," you said running towards the playground. "Hey, no fair you cheated...you have a head start," she yelled from behind. You ignore her and kick off your sandals as soon as your feet the sandlot and hopped on the empty swing. You pump your legs as you began to gain momentum, you let out a loud laugh as your inner child rejoiced. "I bet I can swing higher than you," Lisa proclaimed. "That's funny, I'm going to swing the highest and land into awesome jump off," you replied. "Aren't you guys too old to be on the swings," a little boy said. "Yeah, the playground id for kids...not old people," a little girl added. "Don't get mad because we bet you snotty nose kids the swings," Lisa said sticking out her tongue. "Come on get off, we want a turn," the little boy whines. "Nope, you have to wait your turn," you replied. Y'all enjoy the playground until the kids started to pester and cry over the swings. So, you both get off and walk back over the shady tree because the playground was swarmed with little children.