I

"Come on Julia!" my best friend shouted from my bed while I was in the ensuite bathroom

"No, Lis! That's so stupid, we are not 5 years old!" I shouted back whilst I was blowdrying my hair

"Well, it's a tad bit too late because I already did it!" she replied slyly

I immediately turned off my blowdryer and stepped out of the bathroom even though I was just in my bra and underwear, "YOU DID WHAT?!" I screeched at the ginger girl in front of me

It's not like she hasn't seen me in my underwear before *mind shrug*

she laughed awkwardly, "Just kidding," she said stiffly

"You better be," I muttered turning to walk away

"I'm not," she said sheepishly making me huff in annoyance and frustration

It was a week before my birthday and my sweet, ever-so wonderful best friend had just sent out a bunch of birthday invitations to a bunch of Billionaires for my 21st birthday because she saw a video of it on TikTok.

"I promise Squeaks, none of them are gonna actually come," she 'reassured' me, "The TikTok told me so," she added confidently which resulted in a hand to my forehead and a loud sigh

"What am I going to do with you?" I muttered to myself on my journey back to the bathroom

"You've been saying that since we were like 7, Squeaks. We've established you're stuck with me. As Ariana Grande said to Justin Bieber in that one song," I could hear the grin in her voice

This bitch

Alissa Rhodes had been my best friend since preschool. She was absolutely stunning inside and out. She was a great friend but she was also a fat ass idiot. Not in books, of course, we had both gotten into NYU -me with a full scholarship and her with a partial one-. She is a very smart girl. In school. In general, though, she was an idiot. A fat ass idiot.

She did unplanned crazy random things just from a video she saw on TikTok, or a comment on Reddit or something. She lived for the thrill; she is the definition of YOLO. She is awesome and always has been.

Squeaks, A.k.a me. A nickname Alissa came up with for me when we had just met. Before we became friends apparently, I used to be bullied in preschool, (not much that I remember) but I always knew why because it was an ongoing insecurity of mine until I was about 14.

I used to squeak. I don't know why or how it started but when I was younger whenever I became overwhelmed, I would squeak. I think it's more of a whistle type noise in my ears that may be created by the small gap between my 2 front teeth but in everyone else's ears, it sounds more like a squeak than a whistle.

Sometimes even as an adult, I squeak, but very very rarely and the name is still a thing (as you can see) not only by Alissa but also by my older brother. Mason, who is only 3 years older than us and in medical school.

Although Alissa and I are quite different, we seem to be perfect for each other. While I found my passion in photography and drawing (occasionally modelling), she found her passion in Singing, which are both not considered actual professions in either of our families, that doesn't stop us from pursuing our dreams and I'm making enough money from my job at a photography studio and private shoots on the side every so often, and Alissa was making decent money from her job as a dance instructor for kids.

Alissa was becoming more known on SoundCloud and on TikTok but if that doesn't work out she said she'll have to resort to becoming a 'sexy journalist or secretary' and hope 50 Shades Of Grey influences her life enough for something erotic and fantastic to happen to her, and she is extremely and completely serious about this.

I picked up my hairdryer and resumed drying my curly hair as Alissa sang loudly on my bed about how amazing she is as a friend and that Friday is going to be the best birthday I've ever had, which I highly doubt.

These billionaires better send some good ass gifts or I'm fighting Alissa.

---------

A/n, Starting a new book always makes me feel awesome until I get bored of the book and forget about it :)) but I like the idea of this book I'm like 79% sure I'll finish it

Date written:
UK: 08.04.22
US: 04.08.22
(for any dumb ppl who need help it's April so the 4 on each date above^ is April the 8th, just in different formats. For Americans, they put the month before the date and its the opposite for people in the UK and some other countries)

~Girly_Pineapple <3