Leaving Him Behind

Sabine's POV

The Empire took Ezra somewhere, I'm not sure where though. I have to reach Hera, but I don't know if I can reach her.

The pain in my shoulder has steadily gotten worse, and I'm gonna need some help soon.

"Spectre 2," I called to her speaker, "come in Spectre 1." I wait hopefully for the answer. Kanan looks at me and shrugs.

"What is it Sabine?" Hera calls back, "are the crates ready?" I sigh in gratitude, the speakers are working again.

"Tell Hera that we're gonna need a pickup," Kanan says to me," oh wait, we forgot... Zeb." My eyes go wide but then I see a head popping up from behind a crate. Our lasat.

"Zeb we're near the bushes," I say to his speaker. He looks over at us and makes his way over.

"Ezra..." He whispers, and his head hangs low. I look over to the Empire ship that Ezra's on.

"Guys," I say to Zeb and Kanan, "we gotta get Ezra back. Let's go." I'm less confident then I sound, but the guys don't know that. They nod and we creep through the grass and bushes to the Empire ship. Once we are in front of it, I type in the code and the door opens.

We sneak around for a while, until I hear the Inquisitor's voice. I look around the corner and see Agent Kallus and the Inquisitor talking. There is a door behind them, probably holding Ezra. The Inquisitor laughs and they walk away. What idiots.

Kanan nods and we run towards the door. The code is hard to remember, but I manage to open it. We walk inside, and I spot Ezra lying on the floor.

"Guys," he says, standing up," I hope you like it on the Ghost without me. I never liked it anyways. I really hated you, guys. Leave, or you will die." What? My heart felt like it got shot. Wait. That's not Ezra. His voice sounded monotone, like it wasn't even him. I grabbed for his hand, but it dissolved. His head started to shake.

"Guys!" He screams, " they'll find you, and kill you if you don't leave now!" I heard shouting and Ezra fell to the floor. He dissolved. What?! It must've been some kind of video type thing. The horrible trick the Empire played made my hands shake and my eyesight go blurry with anger at their attempt to fool us.

"Ezra!" I scream. Kanan grabs my hand and leads me out of the room. My hands were shaking in confusion and anger. How are we going to find him in time?

"They have him somewhere else," Kanan says," they probably put him under some kind of simulation type thing, but he broke out of it. We need to get out of the ship. Now." I shake my head. How can we leave him behind? We have to find him.

"We have to find him Kanan!" I say. Kanan and Zeb both look down.

"Hera," Zeb says to her speaker, " we need a pickup." I shake my head and start running down the hallway, but Kanan grabs my shoulder. Pain shoots through me, and I shove his hand off. I wince in pain, glaring at Kanan. I look down at my blood soaked shirt, but I shrug it off. Ezra's life is more important than a wounded shoulder.

"Sabine," Kanan says, "you're hurt, we need to leave, now! They're probably getting reinforcements, and then we'll all get taken." I look at the floor, and nod. This is wrong though, we should try harder. Guilt fills my head and I squeeze my eyes shut.

We run down the hallway, and exit the ship. Leaving Ezra behind. And that hurts. It's worse than my stupid shoulder. We shouldn't be leaving him, but I know we can't help him now.

The Ghost comes zooming in, and I look back at the Empire ship. The Ghosts door opens, and I'm the last to jump on. This isn't like Kanan, we shouldn't have left Ezra behind.

Ezra's POV

"We will find and take information from the other rebels," Agent Kallus says to the Inquisitor," just how you said. Then we will kill them... Precisely how you said so." My friends, Sabine. They are probably looking for me right now, and they'll definitely die if they stay here.

They take me into the room, and point blasters at my head. I struggle as they inject me with some purple liquid. Everything starts going black, and I start shouting, shaking.

All I see is dark movement around me. I try to wave my hands, but I can't control them. I try to shout, but I can't. Everything is clearing up, and I see Sabine. Her face is hurt. What? Why? I try break out of this horrible spell they put me under, and all I do and focus on is The Force. I see Sabines eyes, full of confusion and pain, and I try to shake free. Then Sabine grabs for me, and I regain control.

"Guys!" I scream to them," they'll find you, and kill you if you don't leave now!" Someone shouts and punches me. I fall to the floor and the last thing is hear is Sabine screaming my name. And it hurts so bad knowing I can't help her right now, and tell her I'm alright. Even though I am not, at all, alright.