Empire Attack

Sabines POV

Me and Ezra were walking along the side of the town on Lothal, getting some food and fuel and explosives and things like that. The sun was setting, and the sky was turning pink and orange and blue. My favorite time of day.

I smile to my self, and glance at Ezra. I stare and him for a while, not paying attention to where I'm going. Then I trip on a rock.

I laugh and get up. I brush the dirt off my hands and Ezra laughs.

"Were you too busy staring at my beautiful face?" He says, making me laugh. Oh wait. It's true. I was to busy staring at his face to notice where I was going. I blush.

We keep walking around when Ezra suddenly stops. I'm about to ask him why when I realize that there's Empire ships coming in with bucketheads pouring out of them.

Why? Have they come to try and take us all away to the Empire? How do they know we're here?

"Sabine," he says looking at all the stormtroopers," I think we should go back to the ship. I nod and we turn around, sneaking back off to the ship.

When we get to where the ship is supposed to be, the ship isn't there. My heart starts beating faster as I think of all the possibilities that they aren't here.

Did they forget we left and leave? Did the stormtroopers find them? Did an Empire ship see them and they had to leave? Where are they?!

I pick up my speaker and try to contact Hera.

"Specter 1? Where are you? Hello?" I wait for a reply, but nothing happens. I run my hand through my hair and look at Ezra.

"Sabine, calm down. They probably had to move somewhere else so they wouldn't be seen." He says.

I guess the ship is pretty visible from the town. But why didn't Hera reply?

"Right. Okay, let's look for them." I reply, a little shaky. I was still a little bit paranoid that someone else was going to be captured. If they do, then what? What will Ezra and I do? With no ship? Or no pilot? What will they do to Hera, Kanan, and Zeb? What will they do to Chopper?

I take a deep breath in. Sabine Wren does not panic. Sabine Wren does not panic. Sabine Wren does not panic...

I tell myself this over and over again. Until I feel a little bit better.

"Okay. Let's go look for them." Ezra says, grabbing my hand. I nod and we start walking toward his tower. We might be able to see them from there.

"Specter 2? Are you there? Specter 2 are you there?" I say into my speaker, hoping that maybe someone would reply.

It was starting to get dark by the time we got to the tower. All the colors replaced by a deep purple-blue. The stars twinkled bright, alongside the moon. It looked like a beautiful night except from the occasional scream and the buzz of the engines of ships.

I ignored it and walked up the tower. When we got to the top, we realized it was no good coming here. It was too dark and the lights from the ships prevented us from spying the Ghost. I sighed and realized how tired I was. I remember the tower from the time I visited it when Ezra was captured.

"How about we sleep here for tonight, okay?" He says. I nod. We can't find the Ghost right now, so we'll have to wait until morning. I help Ezra make a bed for himself on the floor, letting me sleep on the couch. I could tell it was old, but it was still comfortable. The blankets smelled like Ezra.

It took me a while to fall asleep, it always does when I'm somewhere new. I couldn't help wondering what everybody else was doing. Were they safe and sound, asleep in their cabins, wondering where Ezra and I are? I hope so. Or are they somewhere with the Empire, getting forced to sleep in little cells?

I shake my head. Why did they leave? It's not like them. At all. They wouldn't leave us behind like that. Something has to be wrong.

After thinking for a while, I fall asleep.

I walk into a room, a very white room, wearing very white clothes. The door closes behind me.

What the heck? Where's Ezra? Where's the rest of the crew? What's happening?

The floor disappears beneath my feet and I scream, falling to the floor below it. I seem to be in a glass box. I get scared, but then I look around me and I am horrified. My crew is tied up to tables and contraptions. There are droids with devices, I don't want to know what they do. They prick my crew with horrible looking machines, electrocute them, whip them.

I scream out there names, but it's just drowned out by their cries of pain. I pound against the glass, kick it, push against it, through myself at it. Nothing works. Tears fill my eyes, blurring my vision.

"Sabine?!" Ezra shouts making me cry harder.

"Ezra!!" I shout back, trying to break the glass. Trying to get to him, help him.

"Sabine! Wake up!" He says.

I open my eyes, to see Ezra's face.

"Ezra?" I whisper, sitting up.

"Sorry... you were thrashing around and screaming everyone's name... were you having a nightmare?" He asks, concerned.

"Ya," I say more to myself then him," just a nightmare. Just a nightmare. Sorry."

I lay down and turn away from him, feeling colder and lonelier then ever. I want more then anything just to curl up with Ezra on his bed.

"Ezra? Um... do you think I could..." I say, blushing.

"Come here," he says.

I get up and lay next to him, he wraps his arms around me, warming me. I smile as I snuggle up closer, laying my head on his chest. Forgetting everything that just happened and falling asleep, protected in his arms.