Terminal Diagnosis Chpter 5

The following morning Rick got up alittle bit earlier than usual to start his morning but made no effort to let go of Lesley yet because he couldn't help but think about the slight glimpse of her port and it bothered him because it wasn't just someone that he loves.... It was Lesley who was sick but for the life of him, he couldn't figure out how bad her situation was but he was sure something was really wrong when he finally saw the bruises that Monica said she saw before

" How long have you been sitting here... I thought you were gonna get going for the hospital early this morning... Not that I will complain though because I love to wake up to you with me..” Lesley smiled 

" Like I want to miss the chance to see you waking up.... Sweetheart, I'm worried about you... I don't like not knowing what's wrong... Les please talk to me.”  Rick replied 

" Rick.... Please don't be so worried. I'm okay.. tired lately and alittle weaker than usual but I'm gonna be fine. I'm alright... Go on I'm sure that you have a few patients that need you.." Lesley insisted.. 

" Sweetheart, I don't know that I can leave you... I love you too much and you need me too.” Rick admitted

" Oh sweetheart I'm gonna be alright and Jessie will be here soon please Rick please go on to the hospital and go do what you do best..." Lesley sat up more to hug Rick

“ Lesley honey I can’t shake it that there’s something going on and l keep getting the impression you want to come to me and tell me but you keep stopping yourself as if you’re afraid to tell me.”

All Lesley did in response was to cling and hold on to Rick “ Rick I promise you I will be okay. I love you”

" Alright I'll go....but I'm gonna be calling you every so often to check on you…”

Rick gave Lesley a kiss and got ready to head out to head for the hospital just as Jessie had pulled up as usual but stopped as Lesley didn't want to let go.

" Rick… wait.. I think it's time that you know the truth and about what's really been going on." 

" Sweetheart… Hey everything will be alright." Rick rubbed on Lesley's back and held her closer to him. " I'm gonna have to get going. Will you be alright for alittle while?" Rick kissed Lesley on her head after she nodded " Rick I love you more than you could know.." 

" Lesley I love you more than anything else in my entire life aside from loving the kids just the same. I want you to feel that you can talk to me anytime you need to… I don't want you to feel afraid like you can't tell me anything because nothing could ever change the woman that you are just like nothing could change my love for you.” 

“ You need to know Rick, what’s going on and I’m sorry that I've been keeping this from you for months.” Lesley looked away from Rick while the feeling she had of guilt and shame had taken over because she was afraid to go to him thinking she was going to hurt him. 

“ Sweetheart… Lesley honey look at me. Everything’s gonna be okay and nothing you tell me is gonna make me feel any less than what there is and that means Lesley that whatever it is we have to face together, l’m gonna love you until the day we’re no longer living.” Rick sat back at Lesley’s side hoping to comfort her

“ Dr. Richards wasn’t here for a consult like I told you the other day when you called to check on me… Rick, he was here because I am one of his patients again…” Lesley tried to hold it together even as Rick tried his best to continue to comfort her while she started to cry because her guilt had overshadowed because she had kept her medical situation from him for over 5 months.

“ Sweetheart, I understand why you felt like you couldn't come to me. It breaks my heart that you felt like you couldn't but I'm not gonna get upset with you. I'm gonna be right here right by your side from the beginning to the end. Come here sweetheart” Rick pulled Lesley into a hug and just decided to hold her for alittle while before he left for the hospital.