Terminal Diagnosis Chpter 16

Rick had finally gotten back from surgery just in time to get a chance to call the house to check on Lesley again before he went to get his rounds finished.

" She's okay... I was just about to head up to check on her." Jessie said while on the phone with Rick

" Tell her I love her and everyone else is asking about her hoping she feels better soon... Even my patients are asking and told me to tell her they hope she gets better soon." Rick replied.

" I'll let her know that she's loved and missed over at the hospital."

" How are the kids? Are they home from school yet?" Rick asked

" Yeah they're home as a matter of fact I actually just talked to Genesis again when you called she went upstairs to finish homework and I also spoke to Jesslyn, she and you need to have a talk. She was in a fight today at school and from what she told me, other kids are making comments and talking about both Lesley and you." Jessie answered.

" I'm gonna be home soon... Tell Lesley I love her and Gail said she'll try to keep her trip short after she leaves for the convention." Rick got out before getting paged to CICU.

Jessie got off the phone and headed upstairs to check on Lesley before dinner was to be ready.

~~~

" Lesley...." Jessie said softly

" It's alright Jessie... I'm alright come on in we can talk for alittle bit..." Lesley pushed to sit up alittle more.

" I just had a talk with Jesslyn... And Rick called to see how you were feeling.... He wanted to be sure to tell you that the hospital loves you and Rick said some of his patients were asking about you.... How are you feeling... Better than earlier?" Jessie sat down on Lesley's side of the bed next to her side.

" Well I haven't vomited in a while so I think it's been an okay day... At least I haven't had too much with the pain throughout today.."

" I'm gonna have your medications refilled later tomorrow but for now I'm gonna get a bath ready for you so when Rick gets home, you can just relax for the night..." Jessie said

" I hate that he has to see me this way... And then he feels like he has to try to make it better except there's nothing he can do...and he doesn't even know that treatment isn't happening, or nevermind that I was ever even back on it.." Lesley expressed

" We have to tell him you know we can't keep it from him indefinitely..."

" Jessie, I don't know how to tell him.... How do you tell someone that you're terminal and soon you're not gonna be here... I don't think I could tell him that..." Lesley tried to keep herself calm and together

" I know it's hard for you Lesley, it's hard for me because I picture what my daughter could've been like or in your case who she would've been like... I've done that since the day after you and I have become so close... You are that daughter I lost and you will not be alone... I promise you that." Jessie gave Lesley a hug

After a few hours Lesley was able to get some sleep while Jessie stayed with the kids before Rick had gotten home for the night...

" Jessie, thank you for staying with the kids and then looking out for Lesley...." Rick said shortly after Rick got home

" It was no issue Rick the girls and Riley are asleep and Lesley just went to sleep alittle while ago before I fed the kids around 7... She hasn't been feeling good at all but she's doing okay for the most part..."

" I wish I knew why her treatment isn't helping her like it's supposed to.... But she won't talk to me, she won't open up about what's going on... It kills me every time I see her suffering and I can't help her.... I'm gonna head upstairs to get some sleep... Thank you Jessie for being there." Rick gave Jessie a hug and started to head upstairs.