Terminal Diagnosis Chpter 7

" I'm not sweetheart... Everything is okay.. and so will you." Rick smiled and sat next to Lesley

"  Rick tell me what’s wrong…. I know you were upset” Lesley said right to the point.

" It's nothing really.... I'm fine." Rick replied trying to pass it off

" Yeah except I'm the one who has had trouble over the last few months with trying to get better but have been failing to get there... Come on Rick, tell me why you're upset.." Lesley gave a serious look

" Lesley you scared me... When I called a couple of times and you didn't answer I thought something happened to you... And when I found you on the floor by the bathroom... I about felt my heart drop because I didn't know in that second if it was... If it was your.... your body that I found… lf you had just passed out " Rick replied and slightly turned his head away from Lesley.

" Rick, I'm sorry... I never meant to scare you like this... I thought if I could try to go to the bathroom on my own and showed that I could still do it, then I'd be okay but I took a fall... I think I had hit my head slightly because I passed out before I could pull myself up to make it in the bathroom..." 

" Don't be sorry Lesley not for anything... Because you're gonna get better and when you do, you and me are gonna hopefully go away.. and we're gonna have some time to ourselves for alittle bit." Rick reached to grab Lesley's hands after helping her back to lay down again.

" Rick... Please hear me... I'm gonna be okay... Believe me I want to... I just..." Lesley took a moment when she started coughing again.. " Easy Les... It's alright." Rick took her into his arms and rubbed her back alittle.

" I don't know how much more I can keep up with this Rick... I just... I am really scared.. I do want to get better Rick I promise you..." Lesley started to cry while Rick stayed at her side but refused to let go of her 

" It's alright to be scared Lesley because I am too... To think of the possibility that I could lose you it makes me want to go crazy... But I'm not gonna lose you because you're gonna fight this and you're gonna get better and because I will be there every step of the way to make sure you do." Rick gave Lesley a kiss. 

" Get some rest and don't try to make it on your own. You call out my name sweetheart if you need to go to the bathroom or if you need anything promise?" Rick hugged Lesley and pulled up her throw alittle bit so she wasn't freezing 

Rick stepped out and went downstairs to give Jessie a call and see if she could arrange for a small surprise for Lesley and to let her know that Lesley was doing okay so far

" She's okay Jess.... She's had slight trouble on and off but she's hanging in okay." Rick explained about Lesley's progress

" Just remember Rick that she's got to keep her weight up, she's too thin as it is... Tell Lesley that I will call alittle later to check on her and hopefully maybe I can stop by tomorrow morning." Jessie replied. 

" Jess actually that's what I was calling for to see if maybe throw up alittle get together for her just to cheer her up alittle bit." Rick suggested.

" Rick I think that is a good idea but I also know that Jerry may not approve of it right now because of her treatment." Jessie pointed out.

" I know but Jessie, we really should do something. Even if it's just to cheer her up for alittle bit…. She's just real scared about all of this and if we could help ease that and get her mind on something other than going back and forth to Chemo and to doctors, then I think it's worth it to make her smile." 

Hoping not to feel sick to her stomach again Lesley sat up alittle bit when she heard Rick coming back upstairs with something to eat and hopefully she was hoping they could watch alittle TV at least for her that's what she was hoping to do until she starting vomiting again