Terminal Diagnosis Chpter 9

Going to check on Lesley, Jessie was gonna make sure that she was okay for awhile but concerns started to rise when she had seen that Lesley was on the other side of the bed on the floor by her nightstand.

" Lesley?!" Jessie called out

Jessie went over by Lesley's vanity table where she found Lesley unconscious but alive.

" Lesley... You're gonna be okay I'm gonna call for an ambulance right now.. hang on Lesley.." 

Jessie called for an ambulance and then immediately after she called Rick at the hospital to notify him that she had taken another fall hitting her head along the side railing to the bed

" Jessie, just tell me one thing... Is she alright?!" Rick spoke up 

" I still had a pulse Rick but Lesley lost alot of blood from the fall. It looks like she may have fallen over trying to get up to go for the bathroom. She also hit her head too and I think that's where the loss of blood is coming from.... I have to get off of here the ambulance is pulling up now we will see you over there." Jessie explained as fast and had to hang up to let the paramedics in.

" Patient is Lesley Webber. I had a pulse from what I saw going in, she had a fall and suffered a hit to the head, amount of blood loss unknown no signs of any other trauma..." 

" Pupils are dilated and she's tachycardic. Are there any medications that she could be on?" The paramedics asked 

" Just anti nausea medications and anti-rejection medication, she's a cancer patient on Chemotherapy as well as a transplant patient." Jessie answered and rode with the ambulance to General and helped as much as she could with the EMTs when Lesley went into a seizure following the fall.

~~~

Rick paced back and forth waiting in emergency while the ambulance was on it's way and he didn't know if Lesley was alright and what scared him the most was the unknown and rather or not Lesley was gonna have to fight for her life again

" Rick she's gonna be okay.. you need to keep that in mind." Steve exclaimed

" I know Steve and you are right but she's been through so much this year and she just got through beating Leukemia she had barely and the last thing she needed was to be admitted right back into General..." Rick turned around and sat in the waiting area.

The paramedics brought Lesley in as Monica and Martinson were on call 

" Rick, you're gonna have to wait outside." Martinson said when he and Monica went in the emergency exam room to examine and assess Lesley's condition.

" Jessie, I shouldn't have left her side until you got there… How could I have left her alone." Rick got out

" Rick listen to me Lesley will be alright she will make it when I found her the first thing I did was look for a pulse and I had it.. it wasn't steady Rick but it was there... The next thing I did was to call for an ambulance and I then called you right away. I never left her side, not once until now... Rick she will make it through just as she's always done before." Jessie replied trying to assure Rick

" I remember the last time she took a fall... She split open her forehead on the side of her side table but almost made her way to the bathroom... It scared me that day as she didn't answer the phone when I tried to call and I had Rose drop me off at the house and I went upstairs and I found her on the floor... My heart sank in my chest when I found her because at that time she was real real sick.. and I didn't know if she had died on us or if she just had passed out..." 

Rick and Jessie talked for another 20 minutes before Monica had come out and they were moving Lesley up to the ICU after she had another seizure following the first 2 she had while on the way to the hospital.