𝐨𝐨𝟏. 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬

"Wakey wakey!"

"Wakey wakey!"

Those were the words Noel heard before ice cold water splashed over her face. Waking up with a start, Noel breathed — her mouth wide and her eyes closed as she sat up — wiping the water away from her eyes — she opened them only to see her brother laughing while he held the bucket that once held the ice cold water.

"What. The. Actual. Fuck!" She exclaimed making Lee shrug, "Your alarm was unplugged, guess someone unplugged it — by the way, you got thirty minutes to get ready for school." As he went to walk out, Noel stopped him, "Wait, wait, wait — what do you mean thirty minutes? It takes us twenty minutes to get to school, what time is it?" Lee turned around and looked at her, "It is now 7:00." Eyes wide, Noel jumped out of her bed, "Are you crazy?! School starts right in thirty minutes!"

Lee shrugged as he watched his sister panic — she grabbed clothes out of her dresser as he spoke, "I know that, I just like to see you suffer sometimes, don't worry — we graduate soon anyways." And with that, he walked out of the room, Noel sighed as she ran to the bathroom, "Fuck." She whispered to herself before trying her best to get ready in five.

——

Showing up to school with damp hair, jeans, and a hoodie — Noel was miserable. "Oh baby what happened?" The voice of Willow Zane asked — Noel's best friend since diapers — "Lemme guess, Lee?" She asked and Noel nodded as she shivered, if only it wasn't breezy today. "He thought it would be funny to make my life a living hell today." Noel explained which made Willow hug the girl outside the school — other students were either smoking, hooking up, eating, or going to class — Noel had showed up to school with five minutes before she would be late.

"Oh." Willow pulled away and gave the girl a smile, "You can stay the night at my place tonight if you want — oh, also, we have that pep rally thing today — about Samnang." Noel groaned, not because of the boy, but because she had to sit through basically an hour with damp hair. She sniffled, "Tell you what, we can skip right after. Go back to my place." Willow suggested and Noel nodded, "Okay." The two walked arm in arm into the school.

——

Walking to Noel's locker — Gregory Young, Willow's boyfriend since freshman year — walked up to them, "Hello ladies — you ready for the pep rally?" He asked them before kissing Willow, who was a whole foot shorter than him — Noel sighed before looking at him, Gregory's brows furrowed before he spoke, "Lee?" He asked with a knowing look, she nodded — Lee had a reputation of pranking and bullying almost everyone, he just favored in tormenting his sister the most. Gregory gave the girl a hug before he reached into his bag, he pulled out a beanie.

"I don't know if it'll help but — it'll keep the cold air from making your head freeze up." Noel took the plain black beanie and instantly put it on, "Oh my god, thank you Greg." The teen nodded, "Oh, babe — that's so sweet of you to do." Willow said to him before the two kissed. The bell rang and the three looked at each other, "Pep rally time."

——

Matthew Kidman and his two friends — Eli and Klitz — walked through the gymnasium where all of their fellow student body was. The marching band was playing the school theme, Matthew sighed, "Do you have the fever?" He asked Klitz and the taller male shook his head, "No. Why? Do you?" Matthew shook his head also, "I don't know," he thought for a second before speaking, "maybe." He looked at Eli, "How about you?" The baseball cap wearing teen shook his head, "I just gotta fuck something."

——

Noel, Willow, Gregory, and Lee sat close to the bottom row of the bleachers — they watched as Matthew Kidman and his friends walked in, Noel groaned, "Why does god have to punish me with seeing that dumb asses face all the time?" Lee shrugged before patting her on the back, "The offer still stands — I could make him disappear without anyone saying or noticing anything." Noel shook her head before her and her friend group watched them walk closer to the bleachers, Lee held up a hand and waved overly happy before flipping them off. Matthew and his two friends looked before walking away quickly.

Willow sat between Gregory's legs — "After school, me and Gregory are going to that one strip club — you wanna come Noel?" She asked her friend and Lee instantly cut off his sister before she could even speak, "Can I come?" Willow shakes her head as she looks at the teen disapprovingly, "No — you were mean to Noel this morning so you can't come." Noel shakes her head, "No, it's fine — we're all a group anyways."

——

"I said everybody say 'ho!'" A random teen said into the microphone — hyping everyone up except for Noel and her friends along with Matthews friends. Matthew actually stood off to the side of the teen with Mr. Salinger — who from what Noel knew, was a tight-ass that only liked kids who were the nerdiest of the nerds. "Ho!" Everyone yelled except for Noel and her friends and Matthews friends. "You know what I say? I say this prom is going to be off the hook!" The teen exclaimed making everyone cheer.

"Do you feel me?!" He asked and everyone yelled back a confirmation except for Noel and her group who yelled protests. It went silent before the teen spoke quickly, "Security's gonna be tight. Get wasted before you show up, yeah!" Mr. Salinger quickly took the microphone out of his hand as everyone cheered the teen on. "That's enough — I can wait." The teens began to silent down, "I can wait people." Everyone quieted down.

Mr. Salinger looked at Matthew, "Now, here's your student council president who has a few announcements to make." Scattered applause echoed through the gym — and as Matthew went to speak, four people were still clapping loudly. Looking up he saw Noel and her friends all clapping, deadpan expressions on their faces. After a few seconds, they stopped and Matthew cleared his throat — receiving feedback from the microphone.

"Uhm...thanks Mr. Salinger."

——