one

༻✧༺

༻✧༺

"what's the point of being young if i'm not having any fun?" you lay your head in your arms on the bar counter top.

fresh out of a breakup you found yourself lonely enough to call up your best friend to join you at the local bar for a few drinks. heartbroken and hurting, you turned to alcohol to at least try to feel something.

these past few weeks have been hell for you, trying to balance your job and "new found freedom" of the single life (which you didn't really find all that freeing) was stressing you out. after being in a year long relationship you were struggling to find yourself again. that was the whole point of the breakup, your ex thought maybe you should spend time apart so you could find yourself. even though the breakup wasn't exactly mutual, you were too embarrassed to admit that to your best friend. regardless if he wasn't going to judge you for it, you were too deep into the lie to tell him, so far down you actually started to believe that it was mutual. wether you were trying to numb yourself from the pain of losing your boyfriend, or if you were coming to terms with the fact he isn't coming back... you weren't sure.

"i have an idea..." your best friend giggles next to you, causing your slouched body to tighten.

you know your friend all too well... whenever he has a drunk idea it's never a good one. even if he has good intentions, for some reason you always find yourself in some sort of trouble or emotional pain.

"not again, jungkook." you groan sitting up and rubbing your eyes, ignoring the fact you were smudging your mascara around.

"just hear me out." he says before grabbing the glass of water in front of him and taking a sip.

you groan out annoyed at his sudden perkiness, you two were young and stupid, that came to bite you in your ass more often than not especially when it came to his weird ideas. once jungkook has an ounce of alcohol flowing in his veins he can never seem to keep his mouth shut.

but you love him, and you would do anything for him. like that time you got a call at three in the morning to come fetch him from the county jail when he got caught in a bar fight. you remember that day so vividly.

"seriously?" you groan turning over in bed to see an unknown number call you, startling you awake.

"its three in the fucking morning." you cuss out before picking up the phone and bringing it to your ear.

"what?" you spit out annoyed.

"thank god you picked up." jungkook breathes out.

"hello?" you sit yourself up in your bed, suddenly awake from the desperate tone coming from your best friends mouth.

"Y/N..." he starts before taking a deep breath. you grow impatient at his silence causing you to reply with another "what?" this time more worried than before.