seven

༻✧༺

"girlfriend?" jungkook questions loudly as he storms towards jimin at the restaurant.

jimin was currently making a drink for one of the tables when he was caught off guard by jungkooks presence in front of him. he widens his eyes at the taller man with only the bar top separating them.

"shh." jimin hushes jungkook "there's other people here. you cant yell like that." he says frantically before pouring the liquid from the shaker cup into a glass.

"fuck them. why did you ask her to be your girlfriend? are you out of your mind?" jungkook raises his voice.

of course jungkook is upset at the fast paced relationship. it had only been a few short weeks since you started seeing jimin. he thought by now you would be done with him and jungkook would get to forget about it all. jimin however, was confused by jungkooks sudden outrage. everything seemed fine when you were all together the other night, no animosity or rudeness from jungkook. he thought it would be okay to move forward with you and that jungkook would be okay with it. as it turns out, jimin was wrong for assuming and now he had another mess to deal with.

"jungkook. stop." jimin sighs placing the garnishes in the drinks. he grabs a washcloth and wipes up any spilled liquid on the counter trying to ignore jungkook in hopes he will lower his voice.

"why?" jungkook asks loudly again, pulling at the roots of his hair in frustration.

"because i like her!" jimin snaps.

this causes jungkook to puff out air. he lets go of his hair and lets his hands fall to his sides in defeat. when he got the call from you this afternoon that jimin had asked you to be his girlfriend and that you said yes he pretended to be happy for you when in reality he was angry. he knows jimin didn't tell you the truth about whats going on and jungkook feels guilty about it. he wants you to be happy but he also doesn't want to lie to you anymore. as soon as jungkook got off work, he drove to jimins job out of frustration. he didn't actually mean to show up here, he just mindlessly drove to the restaurant and the next thing he knew, he was making a fool of himself in front of god knows who. he was hoping you would know the truth before building a relationship on a lie but now its all out of his control. jungkook cant help but fault himself for the situation but he hopes with enough convincing he could make jimin be the one to bare the bad news.

"tell her then." jungkook pulls out the tall swivel  chair at the bar and plops his body down in it, adjusting his weight on his butt. his feet find their way to the sturdy horizontal bar underneath them and rest there.

jimin just nods his head obviously dismissing jungkook and rushes the drinks over to his table, apologizing on jungkooks behalf for his behavior. jimin himself isn't quite sure how he feels about jungkooks attitude but he apologizes to those who witnessed it out of hospitality and in hopes they wont take the awkwardness of the altercation out on his tip.

when it's just the two of them, jungkook seems to be hot headed but whenever you're around, the three of you get along nicely and he seems to be a pretty good guy. jimin just hopes jungkook isnt directly angry at him but more so towards the situation and jimin wants to tell you, he just doesn't know how. now as a couple, you are at the point where jimin is going to start slowly being integrated with your friends and that worries him. your friends were there when jungkook proposed the idea and to your knowledge he hasnt formally met any of them. that is true in some reguards, he only knew jungkook out of the group but it doesn't change the fact they know him and have seen him agree to the lie thats slowly deepening behind your back.

jimin swiftly returns behind the countertop to see a distressed jungkook who had his hands in his hair and was staring blankly at the tv.

"let's tell her together." jungkook says hopeful, continuing to watch the sports game, occupying his mind from the situation at hand and avoiding jimins gaze.