five

༻✧༺

"care to explain why i'm picking you up from kwan's apartment?" jungkook raises his brow in confusion as you settle into his passenger seat.

"oh come on." you roll your eyes at the mention of your ex. "jimin lives here" you smile shyly to yourself and jungkook stays silent, putting his car in drive.

"which by the way, before you ask, jimin is amazing." you smile.

jungkook wasn't going to ask. he actually really didn't want to know. but from that simple sentence and the way you were giddy in his passenger seat he could tell you had a good time. normally he would be very happy for you but right now he didn't know what to think.

"dont tell me you fucked him." he rolls his eyes.

"no! are you crazy?" you laugh from next to him.

"why else would i have to pick you up from his apartment?" he says eyes focused on the road.

you explain to him what happened at the restaurant and how you both decided to eat at jimins. you also gushed the whole ride home about how perfect jimin is and how you wished jungkook would have set you up sooner. your best friend wasn't sure how to feel, he didn't expect you to actually like him but then again he didn't even know jimin. that also made him think jimin was putting on a facade in front of you to trick you. not only was jungkook worried about getting caught up, he was also worried jimin was going to hurt you from your sudden infatuation with him.

he sat there silently on the way to your home, listening to you brag about your date and how much fun you had. he listened to you talk about how funny jimin is and how incredibly sexy you thought he was. you were completely smitten and he absolutely hated it. for once in his life he was regretting his choices despite having his own pure intention. he also hated how hoseoks words of how you might actually like jimin echo in his head.

"and he kissed me!" you squeak as jungkook pulls into your apartment complex.

"god Y/N. you cant just kiss random people." he rolls his eyes and throws his car in park.

"random? i thought you knew him?" you say furrowing you're brows.

"i-i mean i do." he spits out. "but you don't." he exclaims saving himself.

"who cares?! i had fun." you retort confused at his sudden worry about you.

"okay well i dont see jimin bringing you home and im sure jimin isn't going to be the one who has to take you to work in the morning." he rolls his eyes.

"dont worry about it, i'll get an uber in the morning. dont be such an asshole to me." you scoff.

"i didn't mean it like that. i'll take you to work." he uses one hand to rub his face in regret softening his tone.

"it's fine. im not letting you ruin my night." you say getting out of the car and closing the door before disappearing into the building.

jungkook wasn't mad. he was just caught off guard by your strange connection with the man he was paying to take you out. he was more mad at himself for thinking this was a good idea, he doesn't know jimin at all or his intentions. jungkook knows you and he knows how easily you can fall in love when you allow yourself too. he was scared for you to fall in love just to find out he had paid someone to go out with you. it definitely wasn't his intention and he definitely wouldn't let this happen if he had any say in it. he wouldn't let your friendship be ruined by some random guy that he didn't even know.