six

༻✧༺

you pulled up to jimins apartment building with jungkook. after begging mercilessly for him to join you and jimin to the movies, he finally agreed only under the condition of you paying for his movie theater snacks.

"lets go." you say opening the door and stepping out. jungkook follows your direction and hops out of your passenger seat.

"so why are we going up to his apartment? cant we just wait for him in the car?" he asks following you to the big doors.

"i have to bring him these." you smile and gently shake the pink tin box in your hands. "plus, we got here earlier than i expected." you say fixing your purse strap on your shoulder while guiding jungkook towards the building.

you walk into the familiar lobby and quietly step behind a couple waiting to use the elevator, you pay them no mind as you are too busy admiring the tin in your hands. as appreciation for the flowers, you decided to make jimin a batch of cookies. you're not a very good cook but you have mastered the art of chocolate chip cookies and decided to make jimin some of his own to try and hopefully love.

the bell dings and the couple steps forward into the elevator. you follow behind them, stepping inside before the doors close. you and jungkook step to the opposite side of the elevator, mindlessly allowing the other pair room. you open the pink tin and peak to make sure all the cookies are still in their place before closing it and holding the metal in one hand, smiling in satisfaction.

"no way." you hear your best friend scoff quietly in annoyance before he scoots closer to you.

you look up at jungkooks face in bewilderment as you notice his eyes focused on something inside the elevator. you were about to follow his gaze before you hear a familiar voice from inside the small area.

"Y/N?" the man chuckles as the elevator doors close.

you widen your eyes and turn quickly to see your ex with a woman. it isn't surprising to see he is dating someone new considering the way he treated you and your relationship like it was disposable. honestly, you were expecting him to be dating not just one person, but multiple people by now. you have of course thought about what he might be up to and the only thing you could picture was him mingling with random woman. it did bother you to think of those things but also if he was doing them, you had no right to be mad. after all, that is what he wanted- to be away from you and to break up. he wanted to do his own thing and you weren't the type to beg for someone to stay with you so you let him break up with you.

"oh." you say with wide eyes at the sight before you.

kwon looks different, his once longer hair is now short and he is a tad bulkier than you remember, his arm muscles slightly pull at his t-black shirt. you notice he wasn't wearing a jacket which is strange considering it is autumn. the leaves are changing outside and it is starting to get colder as the days go on. you would have immediately identified him from behind him waiting for the elevator if he hadn't altered his appearance.

you shouldn't be this surprised to see him at his own apartment building but with the few times you have been here was to see jimin and you kind of forgot he also lived here. it was bound to happen at some point but the last few times you have been here, your excited nature to see jimin had overwhelmed the thought if running into him.

"what are you doing here?" he smirks, watching your face drain of color as you stare at him dumbfounded.

uncomfortable was an understatement, the air in the elevator was getting heavy and you were almost positive everyone else could feel it too. unable to shift your eyes towards the woman next to him, you couldn't help but notice what was once a short elevator ride somehow felt like forever.