Highschool! Robaire x Reader - Was it real?

"Stop moving.....Aye! I said stop moving." Your friend, who happened to be your costume designer for the play you were in, was fixing some last touch ups on your costume. You were playing the main character in this play, were you nervous? Yes, the answer is yes. You were nervous because not only were you the main character but you were also supposed to kiss the characters love interest in this play. The dude you were supposed to kiss wasn't exactly the most attractive dude you've met but maybe that's just because you didn't have eyes for him. "...n" You stared off into nothing. "Y/n." You were Still not paying attention, you weren't really excited for this kissing scene. Your friend rolled their eyes before snapping their fingers in your face. "N/n! Hey, Wakey wakey!" Your eyes flicker over to their face as you gave them your undivided attention. "You alright? I finished stitching your costume" They said pointing at the newly stitched spot. "Yeah I'm alright just nervous" You smiled. They stood up from the ground, dusting themselves. "Don't think about it too much. You got this we've been rehearsing for weeks" They pat your shoulder reassuringly. "Hey, (Friends name) we need you over here!" The make-up artist called for them. They turn to you giving you a good luck and run off. You sigh as you slump your shoulders, slightly frowning.

"Nervous?" "AGH" You jump at the sudden voice peering behind you. As you flip around, facing the voice, you are met with the person your heart does cartwheels for, Robaire. "Oh- sorry I didn't mean to scare you" He laughed, smiling guiltily at you. "I-It's fine! You just caught me off guard there" You say as you regain your breath. "And yes, I am actually very nervous." Robaire noticed the sudden change in your expression. "Hey, you're going to do amazing. You're really talented and you've even managed to get the main lead! Don't back out now" He grabbed your hand, kissing the back of it. Your eyes widen as you face became flushed with red. You could only hope it wasn't that obvious. Too bad he noticed "For good luck" He smiled at you. You shook your head, trying to get the words out but before you could reply you got cut off by the sound of the director telling everyone it was time. "Well I guess I'll see you after?" Robaire smiled looking down at you. "Yes, thanks for that good luck kiss" You say as you start walking towards your spot on the stage. "You're welcome although I don't think you need it!" You laughed at his compliment before taking a deep breath. 'okay here we go'

Act 1 is done and surprisingly it went really well. Everybody was currently changing the scenery, preparing for act 2. You were getting ready yourself as a make-up artist freshened you up. Everything was going according to plan til there was yelling heard across the stage. You and including everyone else who heard, went in the back to look at the situation and turns out the actor who plays your characters love interest and a background character were fighting each other. The love interest got it bad. They got hit so hard they couldn't walk straight so the director had no choice but to have them sit i'm out. As for the background character they got suspended for a short period of time. "How are we going to do the play?!?" "Who's playing the love interest?" "Are we canceling" "We can't do that!" Everyone was panicking til the director calmed them down. "Okay, is there anyone who memorized the love interests parts?" People shook their head no and you were pretty sure all hope was lost til someone spoke up. "I'll do it." Everyone turnt their heads in the direction of the voice. Your face grows hot red as you see Robaire standing up straight, holding his hand up. "I'll play the love interest" He repeats as he makes eye contact with you. "You memorized all the lines?" The director asks, turning so they were facing Robaire. "Yep" "Okay everyone shows back on. Somebody get Robaire a costume, make it fast"

You waited in your spot as you mentally prepared yourself for the next scene. You were going to kiss Robaire. THE Robaire. People might have called you a bit dramatic but others would understand. I mean he was a beautiful boy with a beautiful tone and not to mention his eyes were such a perfect shade of green. You've never seen anyone like him and that was even more of a reason as to why you should panic. "It's okay Y/n, it's just acting! It's not real" You spoke to yourself, unintentionally disappointing yourself with the sad reality, it wasn't real (💔) Frowning for the 100th time today, you shake those thoughts away as Robaire makes his way over to you. "You ready?" He asks making eye contact with you. You'd die on the spot if hot men could kill and you know it. "Yes, I think?" He laughs at your reply, you stare at him admiring how handsome he looks when he laughs. You also happen to miss the glowing red on his face but we won't talk about that. The director announces that it's time and the show is on.

You get through the scenes swiftly and correctly until it was finally time for the moment you've been waiting for. You took a deep breath as you spoke your lines. "What's wrong with you?! Why do you dare so much about who I talk to!" You tell at Robaire, fuming with anger. "Ohh! Me? I'm not the one talking to every single boy in this school!" He yells back moving closer to you. "I don't understand what your problem is. Can you just tell me why you're so mad!" You took a step closer while throwing your hand up in frustration. Robaire grabs your wrist, yanking you forward to where your close enough that your bodies are pressed together. "Because I love you, Okay?!" He looks down at you, breathing heavily. Theres a silence as you look up at him. It was now or never. You grab his face, bringing him down to your level (you weren't that short but you weren't taller than Robaire either, let's be honest with ourselves as we pretend Robaire is hella tall) as you close the gap between the two of you. You were screaming on the inside as your train of thought was now set on fire. He tasted sweet, like vanilla. Which didn't make it better considering that vanilla was your favorite flavor and smell. You had to keep repeating to yourself that it was fake so you could stay calm but you were absolutely sure if this went on longer you would've lost it. You heard people applauding, proving that you had done a good job at this scene. As you pulled away from Robaire you look at him before slowly backing away.

After the play ended. Everyone started cleaning up and putting away their costumes, stuff like that. You tried not to go near Robaire because you were very embarrassed and didn't think you could survive standing next to him after that whole scene. You were putting your costume away as your friend (Costume designer) jumped on you. "Oh my god that was awesome! You did so good in that kissing scene, I almost forgot it was acting" They grinned ear to ear. You flushed red thinking about the scene again. 'It wasn't real, It wasn't real, It wasn't real' "Thank you, I tried" You smiled. "Anyways I got to go! My brother is probably waiting for me." You hugged them goodbye as you walked to the exit. You made it out of the auditorium, passing all the empty chairs. "Y/n, wait up!" You paused, not having to turn around to know who it was. Robaire made his way over to you stopping when he was at arms reach. By now everyone was already gone since they went out through the back so it was just you two. "I just wanted to say you did great back there" He smiled softly. His eyes were so bright in this moment. The faint light in the auditorium did him so good. He looked like an angel. You didn't notice how you were both unconsciously moving closer. "Y/n..." He spoke quietly. You averted your eyes to his. "Was that kiss real?" He asked with a genuine look on his face. You tried turning the other way to cover your face but he only turned you back to him, using his hand.

You gulped as your throat suddenly felt dry. "Did you want it to be?.." You asked hesitantly. Robaires smile only brightened even more. "I don't know maybe we should do it again just to make sure" He joked. You look at him with wide eyes. You were seeing things you've never seen in him before. The way his eyes were sparkling as he looked at you, they were filled with love and adoration. You notice the way his eyes flicker from yours to your lips. You looked at him with a smile, confirming his request. That was all he needed and with that he leaned in, closing his eyes slowly as you do the same and closes the gap. This kiss was just a soft as the one before but it was different. It felt more meaningful. This time you knew it was was real. The kiss said more than you could ever put into words and you were grateful for it. After about a minute you pull away, opening your eyes to a smiling Robaire. "That was definitely real." You both burst into laughter, walking hand in hand to the parking lot.