Highschool!Jesse x reader - the vase.

You walked into the arts and crafts room, making sure no one was there before closing the door quietly. You dropped your bag beside the door before walking across the room. You made your way to the furthest cabinet from the door. You opened said cabinet and gently brought out a heart shaped vase. Closing the cabinet, you walked over to one of the empty tables, placing your vase down.

Gathering your supplies, you began to paint. You decided to go with a beautiful blue. This blue was the most perfect blue you've ever seen, almost as perfect as a certain someone's pair of blue eyes. You continued to add more colors that complimented the blue. You finished the painting part, letting the vase dry for about an hour. Time passed and the vase dried. After staring at it for 5 minutes, you decided, it needed more to it. You scanned the room, thinking of what else's you could do. You laid eyes on a sparkly gem from across the room.

You walked over to it, looking at the variety of gem colors there were. You picked out different shades of blue, silver, and white gems before returning to your vase. You placed them on the vase in a specific way so that they were shaped into hearts and stars. 'Hm, not bad Y/n.' You stared proudly at your hard work. An hour had passed before you checked to see if the glue had dried. It did! You mentally applauded yourself.

Picking up the vase, you admired its look. Different shades of blue with white paint that happened to spell out a name, plus beautiful gems that matched it. The blinds were open, allowing the sunlight to shine on the gems beautifully. "Hopefully he likes it" You sighed, bringing the vase closer to you. "Who likes what?" A sudden voice spoke out, spooking you. "Agh!" You jumped, almost dropping your vase. You quickly regained your balance, steadily holding the vase. Turning around, you were met with Jesse, your best friend, who was placing down his bag. "Jesse, you almost made me drop my vase!" You scolded him.

He smiled guiltily. "Sorry 'bout that Y/n" You shook your head, mentally making sure he didn't see the giant blue letters that spelt out HIS name on the vase. "But who's the vase for?" Jesse asked again. You froze, thinking of what you should say. You opened your mouth to say something but nothing came out. "I hate you." You muttered. He looked at you confused with an eyebrow raised. Slowly, you turned the vase around, revealing his name on it. Jesse walked over to you to get a closer look but you quickly turned the vase back around.

"Hey! I wasn't finished looking at it" He pouted. You rolled your eyes "You weren't supposed to see it yet!" You hid the vase. He stood there, contemplating on whether or not he should beg you or forcefully take it from you. (In a playful way obviously). You looked away from him, big mistake but whatever. When you thought he was going to back off, you loosened your tight grip slightly. Jesse noticed this, so he snatched the vase from you ever so "gently". He now stood in-front of you.

You looked down at your empty arms with wide eyes. "You!-" You paused when you seen Jesse staring at the vase. He was blushing a bright pink as he looked at it. You softened at the sight. "how long did this take.." Jesse managed to use whatever last working part of his brain to ask you. "About 3 hours to get it shaped and 4 hours to paint it and add the gems" You said cockily as Jesse turnt around. You assumed that this meant Jesse was intimated by you. But unknown to you he didn't find you intimidating, he didn't think you were going to take his place as "Best artist". He didn't care about any of that right now.

He gulped as he looked at the vase. He always had small moments where he thought of you more than a friend. Always brushing it away, pretending as if nothing was there. This time he couldn't do that. He turnt to you, a gasp caught in his throat. The sunset illuminated a beautiful orange light that reflected off of your features. Your eyes glowed in a way he had never seen before. Oh man, did you always look this way? Jesse shakily placed the vase down on the table. He looked at you, trying his hardest not to make the wrong move but when you tilted your head in confusion it was over for him.

"Jess, you alright-" You were cut off with a kiss. Eyes wide with shock, you blushed as Jesse pulled away. You were inches away from each other, he held you by the shoulders. You couldn't see his expression so you stood there silently. Just as you were about to ask him what was that he cut you off, again. "why must you be so perfect." He whispered. Your face grew hotter by the second. "What?" You uttered. Jesse looked at you, allowing you to see his bright red face. "Do you even know what you do to me?" He asked, his voice slightly louder than before. You paused, looking at his eyes. They burned with love and admiration.

Your silence gave Jesse the wrong idea. Thinking that he had made you uncomfortable, he let go of you, bringing his arms to his sides. You were confused, not understanding what he was doing. He walked past you, making his way towards his stuff but before he could even take 5 steps you had grabbed his wrist, yanking him back to you. "Where are you going?" You asked. Jesse looked at you confused "Well I thought-" You cut him off with a peck to his lips. He stared at you with wide eyes. "Heyyy, I asked you a question" You looked at him with a serious face. Now he was really confused. "I thought that-" You, again, cut him off with another peck to his lips. "Keep going" You nodded as if you didn't just kiss him. "I-" You cut him off again. He looked at you with an expression that told you "bruh". "Don't be so rude" You smirked at him. "I'm done."

He shook his head and stood up. "Wait!" You ran in-front of him. He looked at you with a smile. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for you to tell me that" You asked. "That I'm done?" Jesse joked. "NO." You facepalmed. He knew exactly what you had been talking about. He took your hand in his, kissing your palm before dragging you with him to the door. You followed him mindlessly with a blush. "where are we going?" you asked, voice barely above a whisper as Jesse picked up both of your guys bags. "Somewhere" he smirked at you before walking you out the door.

SHIT IVE ALREADY POSTED THIS BUT IVE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE VASE!!

EXTRA:

"Jesse" You guys had barely walked out of the classroom. Jesse continued walking. "Jesse!" You yanked your hand away from his. He paused, turning to you. "Yes?" He raised an eyebrow. "Jesse, you forgot your vase!" You exclaimed, turning around you ran back to the room. Jesse ran after you.

there we go I fixed the problem 🥴