02

𝗦 𝗢 𝗙 𝗜 𝗔

I still don't know how to completely deal with grief.

Although it seems that's it's all I've had to deal with throughout my life, I haven't managed to become accustomed to it.

There's nothing quite like the realisation that someone you once knew is no longer here. That they'll never speak to you again, never smile, never laugh, or do any little thing that we take for granted.

Losing my parents is something I still haven't fully recovered from. Even now, I often expect them to walk through the door, for my father to kiss me on the cheek, or for my mother to give me a hug.

Except I'll never have that. Not even just once more.

My siblings and I struggled immensely with their passing. Times were difficult, and at one point, I was concerned about Leandro going completely off the rails.

Renzo somehow managed to keep it all together though. I don't know how, but he always does. It was clear that it effected him, but he remained strong for me and Leandro.

He took it upon himself to care for us, as well as having to come to terms with being the new Don. It was a tough role to fill, but he's taken everything in his stride and made this family the best it can possibly be.

We are strong and resilient. That's all down to him.

Now he has a family of his own, I'm sure he'll continue to grow as a person, a leader, a husband and a father. Lula has been a rock for him and his love for her only grew even more when they had their daughter.

Rose is a gift we all have cherished. A miracle addition to our family who we all love more than she'll ever know.

She's the light we so desperately needed in a world full of darkness.

A glimmer of hope.

Hope for all of us.

With a small sigh, I roll over on my bed and bury my head further into the covers, refusing to accept that it's morning already.

It's been four days since I first laid eyes on Niccolò Milanesi. An ally of my brother's who I'd heard of numerous time, but never met.

There's no denying that he's a handsome man. Tall, dusty blonde hair, soft light brown eyes which I'm certain I almost got lost in at one point. He stood with so much authority and yet appeared completely composed.

He gave nothing away. There wasn't an ounce of emotion on his face as he took my hand and pressed a soft kiss against it, greeting me. He was just so mysterious.

I couldn't quite put my finger on it but there was just something about him that caught my curiosity.

One thing is for sure. I want to know everything there is to know about Niccolò Milanesi.

. . .

"You will remain here." Renzo orders, causing me to roll my eyes.

Of course I have to stay here. God forbid I tried to actually live my life. No, I have to be locked up here like some sort of damsel in distress and sing to the fucking animals while I twirl around in my fancy dress.