09

𝗦 𝗢 𝗙 𝗜 𝗔

Katy Perry was right. Sometimes I do feel like a plastic bag.

Stretching my limbs, I yawn so much that it causes me to yawn a second time. My body must be double tired today.

My long dark locks are a mess, spread all over the pillow and some strands across my face. I move slightly in bed and feel a twinge in my neck. Shit, i must've slept awkwardly. My neck feels as if it's about to fall off.

Lifting my hand up to hold the ache, I squint my eyes as they try to adjust to the soft strokes of sunlight peering through the curtains. 

Everyday is more or less the same for me here. I wake up at the same time, take my blood sugar and make sure I have a decent breakfast. Long gone are the days where I can lay in bed until silly o'clock and lounge around at my own leisure.

Now my life consists of routine. Often the same routine, and it goes get kind of boring.

A few days have past since I last saw Nico. I'd be lying if I said I was ecstatic to see his car that night but in a way I was just grateful to be going home. It's risky being stuck somewhere isolated. You're completely vulnerable and I didn't like it.

One of the good things about today, is that Amalia is coming over in about two hours for a movie day with me. She's going on vacation for a few days with her parents tonight so when that happens, she often spends time with me before she goes.

Amalia goes on vacation a lot. Her parents, especially her father, conducts business around the world so they use it as more of a vacation than a business trip.

I've always been envious of her lifestyle. Not in a negative way, but I often wish I could switch lives with her. The fact that she can go out whenever she wants and wherever she wants. She goes on trips with her family to here, there and everywhere and doesn't view her house as a prison.

Yes, I'm extremely fortunate with everything I have but there's no freedom with this life. I'm a girl, and the baby of the family so all my brothers want to do is protect me. I know that. But at what cost?

It's just tiring.

Deciding to get out of bed, I quickly check my sugar levels and put my fluffy robe on, before heading downstairs for breakfast. My hair is a mess and my makeup free skin is probably as pale as Casper the freaking ghost, but we roll.

Hannes greets me with a welcoming smile as I enter the kitchen. "Good morning." He says politely.

"Morning, Hannes." I reply as I take a seat at the table.

"What would you like this morning?" He asks.

Running my fingers through my hair, I rest my elbows on the table and look over at him. "Could I have bagels today?" I ask.

"Of course, with what?" He walks around the kitchen island and approaches the refrigerator.

"Egg and bacon? Can I have the egg in the centre like you did last time. I liked that." I say and he smiles a little, nodding his head.

"Of course."

Hannes is a great cook. As is Anna. They've worked for my family for a while now and to be honest, I don't know what I'd do if they ever decided to leave. I suppose I rely on them too much.

Lately they've started to split their shifts, so they both have equal amounts of free time. Before Hannes worked here, it was just Anna and she was doing far too many hours. It wasn't fair. So now they take it in turns. I think it's working much better for them.