07

𝗦 𝗢 𝗙 𝗜 𝗔

There's only so much mental torture a human can physically take. I feel like my head is about to explode and I'm on the verge of pulling my own goddam eyeballs out.

Just as I see Lula reach for the remote to click on the next episode, I snatch it from her and hide it behind my back. Her head snaps towards me and her eyes narrow. I just simply shake my head, continuing to hide the remote from her.

"No," I say. "There is absolutely no way I can sit through another episode of cake boss again."

Her eyes narrow further as she stares at me with a disappointed look. "Stop being dramatic, cake boss is a great show."

"Yeah, a great show to watch if you want to torture yourself." I grunt.

"You watched one episode, Sofia." She deadpans.

I tilt my head mockingly. "Yeah, one too many." I say as I take the remote from behind my back and exit the show before it automatically starts playing the next episode.

"It's only a bit of baking." Lula tries to reason with me.

"If I wanted to watch people bake, I'd go to the kitchen and watch Anna or Hannes." I reply as I nonchalantly flick through the different programmes.

Rose gurgles in her sleep while laying in the swing chair. She looks so peaceful when she takes her naps. I wish I could have as many a day as she does and it be socially acceptable for me to do so. It's unfair.

I watch as Lula scoots forward on the couch beside me and reaches down to press the button on Rose's swing chair, but just as she's about to click it, she wakes up.

Ha. Sucker.

As soon as Rose's eyes open, her face scrunches and she begins to cry. "Oh, what a shame." I say through a smile. "Looks like cake boss will have to wait for a while. I mean, you couldn't possibly hear anything with the sound of your daughter crying."

Lula simply shows me the middle finger as she gets up and takes Rose out of the chair. She soothes her, holding the back of her head as she leaves the room to get her a bottle I assume.

Life with a baby in the house is something I'm still trying to adjust to. It's weird to say the least. At first I was cautious not to make too much noise, especially when she was sleeping but apparently making noise around a sleeping baby is a good thing.

Personally if someone was vacuuming around me while I was sleeping, I'd be pissed. For a baby however, it's supposedly acceptable. 

I'm not going to argue with research.

Instead I decide to make the most of my time alone with the tv while Lula busies herself with her whining baby. Somehow I manage to get through two more episodes of cake boss in peace before deciding to take a break.

After helping myself to some snacks in the kitchen, I walk through the house and come to a stop when I reach a door that catches my attention.

About four months ago, Renzo decided to convert one of the spare meeting rooms into an art study for me. It was a 'gift' to me from him because he knows how much I like to draw. Personally I think it was just another way to keep me even more secluded from the world outside of this house.