05

𝗦 𝗢 𝗙 𝗜 𝗔

I've never been a morning person. There's been countless times where I've wondered what it would be like to wake up early and feel refreshed enough to get on with my day, but that'll just never be me.

I could get six hours or I could get twelve hours sleep but no matter how long I get, I'm still tired.

With a groan, I roll over in bed and reach for my nightstand to grab my cell. Loading the app on my phone, I scan my flash monitor on the back of my arm to check my glucose levels. It's something I've adapted doing over the past year and a half.

Surprisingly my levels are normal, somehow. I feel so tired and physically exhausted that I was sure they would be low. Still, at least they're at a normal level.

After last nights events and my run-in with Nico, my head is spinning with different thoughts about what the hell actually happened. Nico said that he didn't want to stay away from me. Was he just messing with me, or was he being serious?

Surely he was just messing around. A man like Nico who is clearly older and wiser than me, wouldn't want anything to do with a twenty-one year old girl who is related to a mafia Don.

I need to just forget about him. He's trouble and I must stay clear of that as much as I can.

Once I'm out of bed and showered, I decide to head downstairs for breakfast. I spot Sal on the way, noticing he's stood near the stairs and looking out of the window. I knit my brows and walk up to him, curious to see what has caught his attention. Two Range Rovers pull into the driveway, the windows heavily tinted.

"Who's here?" I ask.

"Nico Milanesi." Sal says as he takes another drag of his cigarette.

My eyes widen and my lips part, staring at the cars in shock as they come to a stop. The doors begin to open and multiple men emerge, one of them opening the back passenger door of the first car. Nico emerges and glances around, adjusting the cuffs on his suit jacket.

Oh my god.

This isn't happening.

"Who's that man stood beside Nico?" I ask warily.

"His brother and underboss, Michael." He explains nonchalantly. "He has two more siblings. He's the oldest, obviously, because he's the Don."

My head snaps towards him. "A Don?"

He nods, studying me. "Yes."

Nico is a mafia boss? Oh, shit.

"What did you think he was?" Sal asks amusingly.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, just a gang leader or something."

"Well, technically he is." He blows out another puff of smoke into the air.

His underboss has an uncanny resemblance to Nico. They must be very close in age because Michael doesn't look that much younger than him.

"What are his other siblings called?" I ask, cautious not to seem too curious.

"Luca and Dante." Sal answers. "I believe Dante is your age, or perhaps a year older. He is the youngest. Then it's Luca, Michael and then Nico being the eldest."

"How old is Nico, exactly?"

"Thirty I believe."

I gulp. Thirty?