memories of the past

°~...10 years ago...

Third Person POV

Y/n lived in America, she had a Japanese mom and an American dad. She lived in Tokyo, Japan until she was 5 then moved to America due to job opportunities for her father.

She of course knew Japanese and she learned English quickly while in America, as she had already been taught a thing or two about english.

When in America, Y/N was never that open towards people. She was an introvert you could say, but she always had a thing for making friends online.

One person in particular that she met on the common game of among us changed her life in a good way
She found a really good friend who seemed kinda like her.

Surprisingly the person was from Japan as well, so she could easily talk to him in Japanese rather then the english she was still learning

(note: IntrovertCat41 is kenma, your username will be N/N standing for nickname of your choice, and pretend they speaking Japanese the whole time, i know only a few words so thats why there are a few like ohayo, or there may be arigato gozaimasu)

In the game chat•

IntrovertCat41- Ohayo again, im surprised we got in the same server again N/N.

N/N- yeah thats so crazy! I was wondering do you have anything like discord?

IntrovertCat41- yeah i have it.. Wanna exchange so we can keep in touch.? You seem nice.

N/N- sure that would be great! And you dont seem so bad yourself.

°~Y/N would make her character run around in circles and they soon exchanged discord tags before their game started~°

They played their game for a while until Kenma or as you called him now since you didn't exchange names, "Kitten." Sadly had to go due to the time difference between the two. He mentioning his friend was scolding him for staying up so late playing video games.

You wondered why the friend was there in the first place thinking maybe he was having a sleepover or something.

The two of you talked for days, soon turning to weeks, months, and even after time, years.

You two were close and talked almost everyday, you learned that 'Kitten' played volleyball. Something you were very interested in yourself and practiced at least 3 times a week.

You knew your were an introvert, you didn't like it but couldn't help it, it was just how you were. You hoped maybe when your older in highschool you can play, or maybe be a manager.
You werent that athletic but you could run for a while if that helped, you didnt have much jumping power but you could receive and set well. You didnt feel like having to talk to all the people though, but if you were a manager you could always maybe help join in practice within the team.
(Ik its not a cannon thing but for this story it is 😗)

°~The present~°
Third/second pov

"Mommm how much longer till we get to Japannnn." You complained for the 4th time during the plane ride.

"Only about another hour honey, chill out please-" Your mother deadpanned.

Letting out a huff you slid down in your seat and looked out the window. Looking down you saw the ocean below the plane, and looking out into the sky. To you it looked like the earth went on forever.

Going on your phone you looked to see if there were any messages from your close friend. Kitten.

Before boarding the plane you had told him you were moving but never mentioned to him where. Blatantly forgetting the fact Kitten said he lived in the same city you were moving back to.

Your dad began to speak,
"(Y/N) I'm going to sign you up for nekoma highschool so youll start attending there next monday."

"Nekoma? Alright I guess"

Your mother brought her opinion into the conversation;
"And please try to make real life friends (Y/N)." She deadpanned, being joking yet serious.

"But momm i dont like people in reality id rather be best friends with someone over a screen! Its so much easier." You whined, giving a small pout.

"I know its hard but please try
For me sweetie?"

"Fine ill try.."

"I also heard they have a great girl aswell as a boys volleyball club. You could play or be a manager if theres an open spot." Father chimed in.

You began to wonder to yourself,

°~~~~~°

Theres a possibility.. I could be a manager!

Sorry the chapters are gonna be kinda short but thats to space out the story more. I don't want it to end in just a few chapters and im still very new to writing these but i know im improving little by little so please continue to read and enjoy the story! Thank you!👋