Nekoma Boys Volleyball Club

Im sorry if the canon characters, like kenma, seem kinda oc like- im trying my best and making him a bit oc helps flow the story better. Ty

No one's POV

Y/n looked at the tall male with wide eyes. She then spoke just above a whisper,

"M-me? Your manager..? I guess.."

"We could give her a trial day to make sure she can see if she will actually like dealing with your stupidity..." Kenma sighed, not liking the idea of you feeling pressured into it. Secretly though, deep down a part of him wanted you there to get to know you.

It was strange to him, he normally could care less, but the smallest little string drew him towards you. And yet he couldnt understand it.

Shrugging it off Kenma payed back attention to the conversation.

Kuroo thought for a minute.

"Aah im sure coach wouldnt mind a trial day! He would just be glad we finally found a possible manager."

Kenma questioned for a double check;

"Are you sure about this Y/N.. you dont have to you know.."

You thought for a minute. It would be good, it would count as extracurriculars and you could finally be somewhat around the sport you love. Deciding on the answer you said just above a whisper;

"Im sure.. I can try."

Kuroo gave a grin and what no one noticed was the small upturn of the corner of Kenma's lips as he went back to his game.

You all continued talking untill the bell rung for lunch to be over. Bidding your see you later's you went on to complete your classes for the day.

At the end of your classes

The bell finally rang as you sighed in content. You were getting your stuff as you almost forgot about going to the gym, when a certain pudding head appeared infront of you.

You squeaked in surprise when you looked up and he backed up a bit at your reaction.

"Sorry.. I came to bring you to the gym."

Oh I almost forgot about that.

"Oh right- I almost forgot."

He looked at me with his cat-like eyes and muttered;

"You dont have to do this if you dont want to."

"N-no its fine, really. I actually have wanted to be a manager for volleyball. I wouldve tried out for the team but I dont have the best stamina." Y/n affirmed.

If course you were severely nervous, and the introverted part of you was screaming. You pushed it aside as you really wanted to try to do this.

Interrupting your thoughts Kenma tapped your shoulder and motioned for you to go with him.

You obliged and followed the small male to the gym. Your nerves now on full blast as you stood infront of the gym doors with Kenma.

Looking at you his eyes softened for a moment at your nervousness. Kenma wasnt one for being touchy or comforting.

But he wanted to do his best to make you feel better.

"I think you'll like it.. we have an interesting team to say the least Y/N."

Giving him only a nod as you exhaled slowly to calm yourself down. He then opened the door as he walked in, with you trailing behind.

No one noticed except Kuroo and some boy with a buzz cut except a bleached line down the middle of his head. (Sorry i have no clue at describing Yamamoto TwT)

He ran over and you squeaked, jumping to hide behind kenma as the weird boy that came up was rambling about some simp type shit. His approach was really sudden so it freaked you out.

Kenma stared off into nothing as his face was a light pink as you held onto the hem of his club jacket.

A certain rooster who began walking over saw the small interaction, he smirked at which.

Kuroo began to scold the person whos name i learned was Yamamoto. Mr, buzz cut sulked and walked away as Kuroo came up and spoke;

"So you actually decided to come Y/n! I honestly thought you would ditch, you seem kinda like kyanma here so i wouldve expected you to ghost out on us."

Kuroo smiles; "but we are glad you came. Now let me introduce you to coach Nekomata, come come." Kuroo motioned you to follow him aswell as shooing Kenma to go warm up.

Kenma glanced at you, you could sense his slight worry. Which seemed contrary to his aura, you gave him a small upcurl of your lips as he looked away and walked off.

You got the gist of everything from coach Nekomata and Kuroo, everything you would need to do seemed pretty simple.

Thankfully they agreed that today could be Y/n's trial day. It would help you get a feel of the team you would be dealing with.

Finishing up, a whistle blew calling all the boys from their warm-up stretching. They all gathered around their coach and team captain as you lingered back behind them a bit.

Seemingly none of them noticed you, except for Kenma of course.

Kuroo informed everyone that the coaches would give a small announcement, only seconds passed before coach Nekomata began to speak.

"As im sure you all know we have been trying to find a new manager for a while. Luckily Kenma and Kuroo finally found us a second year manager. She is going to do today as a trial day so dont be too rowdy, shes nervous so take it easy on her shes a new student today. Y/n please come up." Coach Nekomata turned and gave you a confident smile.

Y/n gulped as she nervously walked forward and stood beside the coaches and Kuroo.

"I-im L/n Y/n but you can call me Y/n, im a second year and i moved from America.." you spoke just loud enough for them to hear you, then bowed down as your introduction.

Half of the team was in awe while others were smiling. Suddenly Kuroo went up infront of everyone, as they bowed shouting out;

"WELCOME TO NEKOMA HIGH'S VOLLEYBALL CLUB!!" They then stood up with bright smiles.

1k words ayeee enjoy!