Trial day

"WELCOME TO NEKOMA HIGH'S VOLLEYBALL CLUB!!" They then stood up with bright smiles.

Y/n turned slightly pink out of embarrassment but gave them all a soft smile and bowed down a full 90°.

"I look forward to possibly working with you all" you spoke quietly but they all heard you, they all secretly glanced at Kenma. Wondering how he brought in someone like you.

Everything continued as normal, the boys began to practice but just before that Kenma went on his phone. Unbenounced you he went on discord to reply to the early message he got from his online crush, N/n.

In the app

DontTouchMyPSP#2846: Good morning N/N. im at VB practice right now we also might get a new manager which is cool i guess. Ill talk to you later🐈

Irl

Kenma put his phone back up whereas across the gym, you felt your phone buzz in your pocket.

You quickly got it out and saw a notification from your dear Kitten.

Smiling to yourself you reacted to his message with a thumbs up and a happy face.

Not even realizing you were about to become the same thing conveniently at the same time.

Putting your phone back in your small personal bookbag, you watched as the boys began to do a 6 on 6 practice match with each other.

As they played you saw how good they really were. And during breaks and practicing after the 6v6 you could tell some of them were crackheads.

Everyone on the team was amazing in their own way. They all had amazing skills and they connected with each other in just the right way. Their teamwork was the most important thing about their team. 

You understood their team motto which you learned was "Connect." It really fit them perfectly.

You honestly had a great time with the team. You knew what your decision was gonna be, you were going to accept the position of manager.

You were more open today then you had been in a while. You felt like you could be yourself around the boys, and they seemed to like having you around alot.

You got closer to Kenma and Kuroo especially. And the friendship between Yamamoto and Kenma was odd but funny in your opinion.

Fukunaga was just an adorable bean in your eyes, and you got along with him even though he wasnt that talkative.

During the break after the 6v6 you gathered the water bottles and handed them out to the boys. Along with getting some fresh small towels for them. You did everything you knew a manager did.

You gave them all feedback on what they were good at and what they may have needed to work on.

When you passed out the water and towels they all either blushed or gave a giddy smile. Even Kenma gave a small upcurl of his lips, going unnoticed by everyone but their observant captain.

Later on during practice you were sitting on the bench, watching everyone practice their serves.

Only the moment was ruined when someone yelled out from the side.

"Y/N WATCH OUT!"

Without a second thought, you jumped up into a receiving position right as a volleyball came in contact with your forearms. Perfectly directed back at the court.

Some of the boys looked at you with awe struck smiles while others came up to you in question.

"you can play volleyball!?"

"Where did you learn to receive like that!"

"You ok?"

Y/n put her hands up in defense and backed away, getting nervous from all the people around her. Kenma noticed the hints and came up to block everyone from her.

"Calm down you guys are freaking her out.."

Everyone finally calmed down and Kuroo told everyone to get back to practice.

Finally another hour after that incident practice came to a closing and everyone began to clean up. Some mopping, some putting up the nets, some putting up the volleyballs.

Y/n also helped with mopping and after everything was clean, Coach Nekomata and Kuroo called everyone to gather up.

Coach Nekomata spoke with a welcoming smile;

"Good work everyone. In advance there is a practice match with Fukurodani on Friday. So make sure you get enough practice and rest in this week so we can play our best. That's all I have to say, Kuroo here has some announcements aswell so I'll turn it over to him."

Kuroo grinned and stepped forward.

"Alright, as you all know we have had Ms. Y/N doing a trial today to decide if she would like to be our manager. We all absolutely would love to have her here but the decision comes down to her. Y/n?"

Y/n perked up in nervousness as she slowly walked up beside Kuroo.

Kuroo asked her just loud enough for everyone to here;

"What is your decision?"

She did only a small movement, giving everyone her answer as she gave one solid nod.

Everyone cheered out, minus the usual quiet Kenma who gave a small smile.

Whereas Yaku came up with a neatly folded and packaged Nekoma manager uniform.

Gladly taking it from him, you gave a small but bright smile.

You began to speak, trying to be as loud as you can;

"Thank you.. i look forward to working with you all!"