15

"You're leaving again?"

"I'll come check on you when I'm back, but I have to go on another...work related trip."

"Where are you going now?"

"I'll be taking a boat to Liyue! It's a beautiful place—although I've only seen it in paintings."

"That isn't too far, I guess. So you'll come back sooner."

"Haha, you're too attached to me! What are you gonna do when I'm gone?"

"You know I won't last that long compared to you. It's why I wanna spend so much time with you, Masato..."

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yes. And honestly, I've been getting a feeling that my time won't last much longer."

"Kei—please don't say that. As soon as I come back from there, I'll come see you. Nothing—not even the Almighty Raiden Shogun—could ever stop me from coming back to you."

"Masato..."

Masato promptly picks up his belongings, leaving a torn Kei to stare at his lap, covered by restrictive blankets. His eyes trailed up to watch his best friend, adoring and cherishing every little movement he made—urged by his fear that he may not see such things again after today.

"I'll see you when I get back, okay?" He flashed him a small reassuring smile, and came to face the exit.

Before he left, Kei used what little strength he could to drag himself out of the bed, and take hold of his hand. The feeling of his skin was electrifying, and he almost felt himself becoming more energized, as if he were flying. Masato turned, hand still in his, and utterly bewildered.

He wished so badly that he could tell him the secret feelings he kept from him, almost desperately did he wish to hear some sort of response from him. For now, even just holding his hand was enough to make him overjoyed. But when he began to feel his vision blur out, and his body slowly losing it's balance towards him, all he could feel was his heart full of regret.

....

It had been yet another grueling week since Mitsuki had last debated to himself the importance of his values towards people. He found it easy to keep his egotistical and borderline rude behavior, whilst still trying to help others. People noticed this, but did not dare bring it up to his face. Those who did would be shut down and be pestered with his denial, but they all could tell that he was warming up slightly to them. More than before.

He was to accompany this fleet of soldiers back to Fort Fujitou and assist with whatever necessary until the fleet would return. From there, he would make his lone journey back to Inazuma City in order to ease the Shogunate's worry of his whereabouts. If he could hold back the day they would try to attack whom he could temporarily consider his allies, he would try. It would definitely be a bother fighting such a big battle and having to protect so many people.

Of course...boat trips weren't his thing and he did his best to hide it by staying utterly still in the corner of the wooden ship. He recalled having gone to Liyue once in his life, and the time it took to get there practically had him hurling. The captain of that fleet, Beidou was it? She had found him trying to rock his sea sickness away, and was pretty confused when she found out. To keep up appearances, he had paid her a large sum of mora to keep her mouth shut about it. He didn't think it was becoming of the perfect being who could fight even the grimiest enemies of the Abyss, to be defeated by the swaying of the ocean. She only took the mora because he had insisted—it wasn't like it was interesting gossip to hear that a man was sea sick.