twenty.

Lydia and Scott sat side by side in the jeep, hesitating before pushing the key in and starting it up.

Lydia let out a breath as she pressed her foot over and over on the gas, twisting the key once more before the engine finally fired up. The lights came on and the two of them let out a breath of relief and hope.

Back at the platform Stiles continued to work on the statics to the radio. Karley perked up her ears, the high pitched frequency causing an ache to her ears once again

"What? what is it?" Addley sat up as they both raised to their feet and headed over to the room Stiles had sat in. They headed inside, watching him work with the wires.

Scott and Lydia jumped at the sound of the jeeps radio busting once again, looking down at it as they heard a faint voice.

"Hello? Hello?" Stiles muttered through the mic, his voice flowing through the jeep radio and Lydia and Scott looked up at eachother.

"Is anyone there? can anyone here me?" Lydia grabbed the radio, pressing the button to talk "Stiles..." She whispered "Stiles are you there?!" Scott joined

Karleys eyes widened, she took a seat beside him "Scott" She said to herself, her and her cousin locking eyes before he rushed to continue reaching out

"Oh my god Stiles, we can hear you!" Lydia continued.

Hope was back again. Karley teared up, the voice of her best friend flowing back through the intercom and back to them. She smiled in relief as Stiles continued "You can? You know me... you remember me?"

"Is it really you?" Lydia continued

"Yeah, it's me. Do you remember the last thing i said to you.

Lydia took a breath "You said. You said remember i love you."

Stiles looked up at his cousin, who nodded with a smile as Scott and Lydia continued "Are you okay? Where are you we're coming to get you"

"No no, you can't you won't be able to find me."

"Stiles what are you talking about where are you?" Scott continued to ask

"Just remember this. Canaan. Just find Canaan. You have to find Canaan."

And the static went out. Both radios were silent and Stiles sat back.

Karley swallowed "You did it again." She muttered and Stiles faced her.

"We did it. We got through to them. They'll know what to do they can go from there" His voice shook slightly and Karely shook her head

"The one chance we get through to them and you wasted it on that? That's your plan?! And you still didn't even mention my name. They only remember you Stiles they're all going to forget me." She stood up and took a step back, her tears were flowing and her eyes still flashed purple.

Stiles stood up, looking behind her shoulder seeing her old friend standing and watching from afar. Stiles reached out his hand and shook his head "I needed to be quick, I know what's going on they have to go to Canaan if they wanna save us. We will both make it out they will remember."

"How can you say that when you refuse to remind them that I exist!" She argued back, holding back the urge to turn from anger

"Don't do this Karley. Not here. Not where everyone can see" He stepped closer and eyed up her friend and Karley shook her head and let her eyes change back as she calmed herself down.

"Good luck with your plan. I'm getting myself and Addley back my own way." she blinked one last tear "And if it means everyone forgetting me again. Then that's a risk i'll take." She swallowed. She hesitated as she thought for a second, the pain of her best friends, family and even her boyfriend not knowing he she was stung more than she could imagine.

She had been through so much with every one of them, especially Scott. She didn't know how she would cope if he couldn't remember what impacts he had on her life and she possibly had on his.

But still she shook her head and turned back and grabbed her friends hand, leading her out of the room and back onto the platform.

Hours passed and Addley finally broke the silence. "What are we going to do? Wont working with Stiles help us more?"

Karley swallowed and nodded a little "It would. But he doesn't get it. He thinks he's got a plan. which he probably has. But deep down to me it feels like i'm not included in it. If it saves him the hustle, getting himself out without us. Then he can do that"

"I'm sure that isn't what he means by what he's doing. You're his cousin, Karls. He wouldn't leave you behind. He has always picked you up when you've fell. Just like i have."

Karley stayed quiet for a moment, thinking to herself before she carried on "If Stiles was able to get through to Scott and Lydia, it means that Peter made it though the barrier." She stated, looking over at the tracks

"So that means..."

"I'm going to go through the barrier."

**********

hey guys, A/N here :) I'm sorry i've been slacking on the uploads but i promise i have my writing head on now! I really hope you guys are still enjoying this book, it's been quite an adventure weaving my own character into one of my favourite shows. (team stilinski now if you were wondering)
It would be so great if you could leave a comment or a message if you're enjoying the chapters or have any thoughts to share.

I have also started writing my own teen fiction books so if you're into all that highschool romance then keep checking my page :). Thanks again for all your support and sorry for this big interruption

Proceed to wonder if Karley will make it through the barrier or not...