Chapter nine

Jay'leeah Harris ❤️💋

"He hasn't texted me in 10 hours...10 hours!!"
Keshia clenched her fist showing me the message. "Girl he probably sleeping. You know
The gang be out here late." I giggled.

"That betta be his response." Sh crossed her arms. "Plus you know Ben be reading slow as hell." I shrugged. "Don't get yourself in a relationship." She shook her head. "Trust me
I wasn't planning on it." I stepped out the car
And grabbed my purse.

"Mhm." She eyed me up and down. Then she coughed kentrell's name. "What?" She said innocently while shrugging. "You always tryna play." We started walking through the parking lot until we got inside Walmart.

It was currently noon, and Keshia and I needed to go grocery shopping or just basically buy whatever we needed from Walmart. My phone vibrated inside my back pocket. Causing me to grab it.

It was a FaceTime call from kentrell.

My stomach fluttered with butterflies. Last time when I saw him, I felt shy as usual at the thought of even being near him or on the phone with him. Even when he texted me.

He was so flirtatious, but i was as well when I'm drunk and I didn't like when people saw my flirtatious side. Kentrell was actually pushing it.

I answered the call and connected my AirPods to my phone.

"Hello?" I said. "Hey, ma." Kentrell's soft voice drifted. He was so flirtatious, but i was as well, and I didn't like when people saw my flirtatious side. Kentrell was actually pushing it
I answered the call and connected my AirPods to my phone.
"Hello?" I said. "Hey, ma." Kentrell's soft voice drifted through my ears. He wasn't facing the screen, he was just heard. "Boy, what I told you about that name?" I mugged him.

"Say, ma where you at?" He lifted the phone and his  He lifted the phone and his
body appeared on the screen. I just loved when he wore black.

"Walmart." I rolled my eyes. He never listened to me .Ever."Get me some to eat." He bit his nails. "No." I walked into the bakery section and grabbed me some cupcakes and Walmart cookies . I did prefer Publix cookies more

"Stop playing wimme." His accent came out. Whew, he was really pushing it. "You know, ask you what, the whole gang gone want some too. And I might as well buy everything in the store.
It was like feeding a whole damn village.

"Mane, just get me some hot fries and some to drink." He sucked his teeth and the camera started moving around. I heard more sounds.

"Now wh-"

"Say,who that?" I heard. It was baby Joe I think. He was so aware of things. It was ridiculous. I watched as Keshia put a container of strawberries in the cart.

"Jay'leeah." Kentrell responded." "Say, bitch where you at?" Kd face popped up in the camera. "Minding my business." I rolled my eyes. "Say,you out right now." Quando popped up also.

I just looked at Kentrell. I knew they were gone do this. He shrugged and I didn't respond.
"Oh she at the sto." Ben said in the background. "Ben you there too?" I said not too loud. "We all here." Kd answered.

"Say, sister get me some skittles and a kiwi Snapple." Ben mentioned.

It was true Ben loved Snapples. I put all of them on. And that juice was really good.
"Okay. Anything else?" I nodded.

After a few minutes, I had everything written down in my notes about what everyone wanted. I shook my head and went to the snake isle. "Alr slide after you done." Kentrell said.
I nodded and ended the FaceTime call.

I opened the door with my own keys and Keshia closed it. There was a loud chatter coming from the end of hallway, which was the living room. Keshia followed me in the living room with the bags.

They all lowered their voices and Kd was the first to get up. "You got my stuff." He asked as
They all followed me in the kitchen. I nodded and opened the bag. He tried to grab the Oreos
But I stopped him. "Unt un, that's for Tyquian." I handed Quando the Oreos and he dapped me up.

"All y'all owe me." I yelled not loudly but loud enough for them all to hear me. "Where my food at?" Kentrell said. "Oh." I handed him the hot fries. "And I got you a pineapple Fanta, because I knew you liked this one." I grabbed the soda and handed it to him.

"Y'all owe me." I put my hand out. "Owe you what?" Kentrell said smacking my hand and laughing. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes.
I opened my bag of hot Cheetos and grabbed a water bottle from refrigerator.

I saw he was still in the kitchen. I walked into the living room and he was right behind me. I took my shoes and sat on the couch. Kentrell sat near me. "Your toes cute or whatever sis." Kd touched my toes. "Thanks I got them done today at the spa." I wiggled them. They were all white.

Kentrell digged in my bag grabbing a handful on chips. I mugged him. "What?" He eyed me.
His eyes were so cute. The house alarm system beeped causing me to jump.

"Aye,sorry man. I had something to do." A brownskin man walked into the living room and looked right at kentrell. "It's aight man." Babyjoe nodded. The boy eyes fell on me and my stomach had butterflies. He was so... cute.

"Mane, you got some." I said. "Mane,yo little ass not gone eat all them. Gimme some." He held his hand out. "No." I shook my head.
"Y'all dating?" The brownskin chuckled.
"No,we're just best friends." I quickly responded. Before kentrell could say something he was not suppose to be saying.

Kentrell pretended to yawn and but his arms around me. "Yea, they're besties." Quando quoted the word besties. "What?" I asked.
"Mhm." Kd eyed me up and down. I smiled at the brownskin boy. "You've been here before?"
Keshia asked. She said it with a slight attitude.

It was kinda weird we never saw him before.
"Nawl,this my first coming here." He shook his head. "What's your name?" I grabbed the water bottle from coffee table and opened it. "Tyrone." Quando said as the same time he did.

To be continued..💚

*New character introduced!*

*does Jay'leeah have feelings for Tyrone?*

Next part >>>