Part 7

Kennedy

Its been a week at Meech's place. Things were good for me and him. I felt like I had a glimpse of what life would be like if it was just me and him. More specifically without my brother.

I purposely did not go out and avoided his calls and texts to not have to interact with him. He would sometimes make random numbers call me but I knew all of his tricks already.

*ding ding*
I heard the oven make a noise and pulled out the brownies that I made. The scent of brownies filled the room. Meech walks out of his room and walks toward me yawning.

"now you get up, hungry ass" I said while taking the brownies out of the tray and putting them into a new pan.

He laid against the counter standing up while I continue to sort the brownies. I could feel his eyes watching my every move which made me feel self conscious. I hated people staring at me for long period of time.

"Can you stop staring at me?" I said in a playful tone, finishing up what I was doing. Even though I've been around him for a week I couldn't help myself but feel nervous.

"No, I like looking at you, " he said smiling at me. "Not gonna lie, Ken these smell good," he taking one of the brownies.

"If they taste bad you will tell me right?"  I asked.

"You know I wouldn't lie to you, if these shits are trash imma tell you they are," he said pecking my lips before taking a bite.

"So?"

"It's nasty," he said in a serious tone

"Oh."

Meech took another bite and smiled. "just fucking with you," he said coming behind me and kissing the side of his face.

"I gotta go handle some shit at the shop will you be okay?" He said walking away and grabbing his gun off the coffee table and tucking it into his pants.

"yeah I'll be fine," I responded. One thing that I loved about Meech was that he always would check up on me and asks if I'm okay.

He came up to me before walking towards the door and kissed my lips. "Bye Ma," he said.

I had the place all to myself, this is how it usually was most days but I didn't mind. I had time to study for my LSATs. Besides Meech would always come as early as he could and bring me food or clothes. Whatever you need was all he ever said. I was really getting spoiled out here.

I love it here 🥰

I haven't really spoke to anyone or told anyone I've been here. Me and Lia texted but it was usually about other irrelevant shit. I pulled out my MacBook and started to study...

*********************
Keem

"Yo where tf is this girl at?" I questioned myself after looking at the multiple missed texts and calls.

"You don't think you went too far cutting her off like that?" Ron questioned me.

"Nah nigga, I think I just applied pressure," I spoke. "Fuck this, man it's been a week since I've been home and I haven't seen or heard from Ken since," I spoke.

"She probably with that lil nigga Meech," Ron spoke.

"You right, tell the niggas to keep an eye out for me and find that nigga's addy. I gotta make a trip" I said dapping Ron before leaving.

"Say less" he said going back into the house to spread the word.

I hoped into my Mercedes Benz and drove over Alia's house, Ken's best friend.