Keep the Family Close

"You're supposed to put your pride aside and ride for me , Guess it wasn't time"

Kennedy

I looked down at my scar and was instantly reminded of yesterday's events. Guilt washed all over me. This was my fault and I had to fix it. I turned to my right and realized that Meech wasn't there. I checked my phone and realized it was almost 1 o'clock. Was I really sleeping for that long?

Meech had texted me prior, around 10 am, apologizing for leaving early and that he would be back late. I went into the bathroom and got ready. I took a shower then did my hair. I didn't really have much products here, just my basic skincare products and a little makeup so I didn't much to choose from. Then I took care of bullet graze wound by putting some ointment on it.

When I walked into the kitchen there was breakfast on table for me. Meech went out and bought breakfast for me before he left. There was my favorite, waffles and chicken. On the island there was some money and a note attached to it that read 'for lunch' it was about $300. I don't know what type of lunch he be having but that was a lot of money for lunch.

After I ate my breakfast, I knew what I had to do. I ordered an Uber and went back to my place that I shared with Keem. I knew he wasn't gonna stop attacking me and Meech until he got my attention and I don't want anybody to die from this stupid shit.

When I was getting close to the house, I could feel my heart thumping out my chest and I started to feel lightheaded and a bit dizzy. I felt sick to my stomach. I was finally confronting my brother after weeks of not seeing him and the fact he shot at me yesterday.

"You can get out now," the Uber driver said. I realized that we've been in front of the house for a good 5 minutes.

"O-oh okay" I hesitated while getting out the car. Walking up the driveway made my legs feel weak. But I managed to walk to the front door and open it with my key.

When I opened the door. I saw Ron and Keem standing in the living room. Keem locked eyes with me and Ron went to the kitchen knowing Keem would want a private conversation with me. I closed the door behind me as Keem approached me.

"So where the fuck you been at?" Keem aggressively asks. "A nigga been calling you day and a night and you don't even got the decency to answer." He steps closer to me.

I walk around him, so his back his facing the door and I'm front of him. I didn't know what I was gonna say. I didn't have a time to make an excuse and even if I did he knew the truth.

"Keem.. you tried to kill me" I said sternly. He stayed quiet. "I could've died, do you understand that?" I said in a trembling voice. Tears started to run down and I quickly wiped them.

"Relax.. you wasn't picking up your phone so I needed your attention" Keem said trying to touch my shoulder.

"Don't touch me," I hissed at him while I pulled away. He knew exactly what he did and he didn't even feel bad about it. When I pulled away Keem looked angry and hurt.

"Ken, you are mad dramatic damn, it's not that serious," he spoke. "You not dead right? and I got your attention. It worked" he added nonchalantly.

"Keem what the fuck is wrong with you, I COULD'VE died. If I didn't pick up your calls obviously I don't want to hear from you."