Night at the cathedral

This chapter is one of those chapters that you don't have to read but if you don't a little tiny detail might be confusing later on

Y/N quickly woke up and sit up in the bed.

"Y/N!"

Venti quickly embraced Y/N in his arms

"Venti? What's going on?"

"Y/N i was so worried! Signora came, and then you fought her, and I hit you with an arrow- And I'm SO sorry!"

Venti said everything with a shaky voice, he let go of Y/N after a little bit

Y/N POV:

His eyes.. it looks like they're about to flood with tears..

"Venti please don't feel bad, it really isn't your fault!"

"Yes it is! If it wasn't for me- you would be in better shape and wouldn't have been hurt so badly!"

Y/N POV:

Why can't venti understand that it isn't his fault?
He always blames himself for anything bad that happens to me when I'm anywhere near him

"I'm still so sorry Y/N, I didn't think things through enough.. and I did suspect that she would move-"

"Exactly venti! That's why it wasn't your fault!"

Venti looked down, he couldn't look at Y/N after what happened.

There was an awfully long silence.

"Well.. it's late... you should be getting more rest.. goodnight Y/N.."

Venti got up from the chair next to Y/N's bed and left the room.

It was late, the light from the moon covered the entire room filled with patients.

But even then the room was still very dark.

Y/N was to tired to try and think of anything else, they just laid back in the bed.

But couldn't go to sleep.

They had that feeling where your tired and want to go to bed, but you also don't wanna go to bed.

They sat back up in the bed.

Y/N POV:

It feels odd here, I've never had to actually be in the medical ward of the cathedral as a patient.

It's definitely a new experience, especially since I've never been in here alone before.

Y/N noticed that venti was still there

"I see you there"

"Awe really? I thought you wouldn't be able to see me"

"Your hat is looking around the corner with you, it's pretty obvious"

Venti turned around the corner and walked towards Y/N again and sat back down in the chair next to Y/N's bed.

"You usually fall asleep quickly at night, so why not tonight?"

Y/N looked out the window and looked at the moon, and hesitated to answer

"I honestly don't know."

Y/N rubbed their eyes.

"Or do you just not want to go to sleep?"

"Maybe, after all I don't really know~"

"Oh.. well, Barbara said that you should be able to leave the cathedral tomorrow, the damage you sustained wasn't that bad, but your ankles were pretty bad after-"

"Why was she looking at my ankles?"

"She noticed that there was burns on your shoes"

"That makes sense I suppose?"

"Barbara said not to work your ankles to much, but if anything your left ankle was the one that took all the damage."

"Oh-"

"By the way... why did you start fighting signora?"

"The original goal was to get your gnosis back, but in the end it turned into anger that she stole your gnosis."

Venti sighed in disappointment.

"Don't let your emotions get the best of you, otherwise you would let history repeat itself, and act like how you were in the archon war"

"I'll admit my decisions during the archon war was fueled by emotions"

Venti chuckled

Venti POV:

Today was tiring, I don't understand how Y/N isn't tired at this point- it was a very long day, but maybe I'm just assuming what they should feel based on what I feel..

"You really should get some sleep Y/N, it's well past midnight."

"I suppose so"

Venti started to lightly play the strings on the lyre he was holding

"Don't start that 'lullaby' stuff you tried to pull during the archon war to get the others to go to sleep"

"Well sleep is very important, even for a god!"

Y/N stared at the moon for a little bit, until they unknowingly fell asleep to venti playing the lyre.

(Little side note: sorry if there are a lot of mistakes here, it's 3 AM and my mind was honestly somewhere else while I was writing this)