Harry&Rahul

The IPL auction has just concluded and the squads have been decided. Harry sat in his room looking at the squad sent by the Gujrat Titans management. He was looking for only one name although he knew very well that the one name he wanted desperately in his squad had been bought by another team. 

He sat there staring at the list wondering what it would be like to play an IPL without his brother from the same side, what would it be like to face him with the bat while he bowled to get his wicket while he would have to score as many runs as he could to see his team to victory and vice versa when he bowled to his brother. 

This was not the only thought that clouded his mind a second thought scared him equally if not more. Harry was now the captain of a brand new franchise, he would have to make decisions on field which would impact their games in either direction. He wondered if he would be a good enough leader, like his Ro Bro, Vi, or Mahi Bhai were to him, he wondered if he would be able to relate and make his players comfortable the way he was made comfortable in the team when he was a junior.

While Harry sat in his thoughts, his phone started ringing he picked up the call knowing that it would be his best friend who knew that he needed someone to talk to.

Rahul: Hey Harry, kaisa hai

Harry: theek nahi hu yaar, I'm sad, bohot confusion aur dar hai.

Rahul: Dar ka to mujhe pata hai par dukhi kyu hai?

Harry: Yaar mai aur KP jabse IPL khelna chalu kiya hai tabse same team see khel rahe hai aur is saal hum dono alag alag team me chale gaye. I don't mind ki which team he goes to par dukh to yeh hai ki if I take his wicket during the match or hit him for a lot of runs a part of me will be sad while a part of me will be happy that i contributed for my team.

Rahul: Look Harry, this is a game yeh sab to hona hi hai na? Ab agar mai as a captain sochu then KP knows you the best as a player considering you guys developed your cricket together and have played and helped each other improve over the years, so naturally not just me but any captain will try to match up their players to secure a win. That will be inevitable, i cannot do my team wrong and promise or make any sort of pact saying i wont be using KP against you and you as a captain also cannot promise anything of that sort since that would not be fair to your team, but all this is onfield and has to stay on field. Once you are off-field you are family again but you will have to handle on field interactions professionally and not let you emotions force decisions. 

Harry: See Rahul that's also what I'm scared about, I don't know if i have it in me to be a captain, I'm not sure if ill be able to connect to all the players and make them comfortable. I don't think i can do justice to that role.

Rahul: Harry you know you have what it takes, but i know what you are going through when i was made captain for the first time i too had doubts. But your not alone you have the legendary Nehraji with you. Im sure Nehraji will help you in getting to know players and how and when to play them. And as far making the players comfortable goes, Harry you are literally a social animal. Have you forgotten how you are in the indian team? All the juniors love their Harry bhaiya and all us seniors are so close and tight knit. When someone is low who is the first one to approach them and help change their mood? Harry I know its a transition but you got this buddy. Dont stress.

Harry: Thanks Rah I really needed this pep talk. 

Rahul: anytime pagal! aacha sun tere see bohot baat kar li ab mere godson ko phone pe laa. 

Harry: How mean Rah, but theek hai mera godchild aane de phir mai bhi yahi karunga.

Harry puts agastya on the call, three of them talk for a while. By the time the call ended Harry was feeling confident and motivated to take on the new challenge.

----

That's it for today! I wrote this a while ago and I'm not sure how this turned out, do let me know in the comments, also do hit the star button and vote for this story. Thank you so much for reading.

I really appreciate all the comments on the last update, thank you so much for that and please continue your support :)

Until next time 👋🏼