RahRish

It's the day before the INDvSA T20I series, and team India is prepping in full force. The skipper Rahul is seen discussing something with the Coaches. 

Rahul Bhai: Rah it's time for your net session

KL: Yes Bhai I'm ready.

Umraan bowls him a beautiful delivery and KL goes for a big shot but he hyperextends his right leg and a sharp pain passes through his right groin. He immediately puts his hand on his thigh and sits down on the ground. Seeing him on the ground Umraan rushes to him

Umraan: rahul bhaiya are you ok? 

Rahul: Call Rishu, and Rahul Bhai

A panicked Umraan runs to Rahul Bhai and Rishab and calls them over

Umraan: Rahul Sir, Rishu bhaiya jaldi chalo Rahul bhai is in pain.

Hearing that KL is in pain they run towards his net, and they send Umraan to get the physio

Rahul Bhai: Rah baacha kya hua

KL: Bhai I hyperextended my leg and I think i have a strain

Rishab: Here the physio is here let him check Rah

The physio does his check-up

Physio: Rahul Bhai yeh shayad khel nahi payega. He has a severe sprain which needs complete rest.

KL: Is there nothing we can do? I really want to play Bhai

Rahul Bhai: Rah baacha I know, but your health is very important, I don't think we should risk it. 

KL: Bhai we should have a meeting right now we need to figure out how tomorrow will go especially since now that I and Kuldeep both have an injury.

Rahul Bhai: yes Rah but first we need to get you treatment.

Rishab: Bhai mai Rah ke saath jaata hu

Rahul Bhai: Mai bhi chalta hu Rishu.

Rishab: Bhai aapko Umraan ke paas jana chaiye, vo thoda dara hua hai since he saw Rah like this.

Rahul Bhai: I think you're right, you go with Rah i'll meet yall after yall get back.

Rishab and KL go to the medical room to get treatment while Rahul Bhai has a chat with Umraan and puts him at ease. 

Rahul Bhai reaches KL room.

Rahul Bhai: Ab kaisa feel ho raha hai Rah?

KL: A little better Bhai. Bhai have you called the selectors about the injuries?

Rahul Bhai: No Rah I haven't I thought ill call after you got your treatment.

KL: Bhai aap abhi call karlo na, hum teeno bhi ek saath hai.

Rahul Bhai: Theek hai.

Rahul Bhai gets on the call and explains everything to the selectors. They ask him for some time and they will back with the changes.

KL: Kya bola unhone bhai?

Rahul Bhai: They said they need some time to discuss and they will call back in a bit.

They sit there making plans for the match tomorrow while waiting for the call. After a long 2 hours, they get a callback, Rahul Bhai answers the call and after 30 minutes he finally hangs up.

Rahul Bhai: Rishu they've made you the captain and no replacements will be announced.

Rishab: Bhai me, how can I. I mean I...

Rishab hesitates not knowing how to put what hes feeling into words, but his brothers knew exactly what was going on in him.

KL: Kya hua Rishu why can't you captain?

Rishab: Rah it doesn't feel right

KL: RIshu tu yeh kya soch raha hai? You were the vice-captain so it only makes sense that they make you the skipper since I am injured.

Rahul Bhai: Rishu baacha you are capable of this. Yes, it didn't come in normal conditions but baacha you have earned it. 

Rishab: Par bhai mujhe daar lag raha hai. It's a very big responsibility

KL: Rishu jab tune DC ki captaincy pehli baar ki thi tabhi tujhe yeh feeling aai thi na? See how well you have done with DC you took your team to playoffs last season and this year you almost made it to the playoffs again. I'm sure you will do really well with the India side as well!

Rahul Bhai: Rah is right Rishu and I promise you won't be alone baacha I'll be with you, in fact not only me the whole team, and the support staff is with you. 

Rishu: Rah, Rahul Bhai thank you so much for believing in me.

Rahul Bhai: Ofcourse Rishu.

KL: BTW skip you need to go outside the media is eagerly waiting for the skipper's press conference.

Rishab looks at Rahul Bhai

Rahul Bhai: Mere taraf mat dekh mera media ka quota kal hi pura ho gaya jao ab tumari baari, but hum there sath hai moral support ke kiye well stand behind the camera

Rishu (monotonously): Ah yes, the perks of captaincy, an ever so loving media interactions. 

All of them burst out laughing, Rishab goes for the conference while Rahul Bhai and KL watch him live while eating chips.

---

That's it for today!

I know this update is not that good but I really wanted to write on the RahRish Bond. Let me know how this was in the comments. Also please take a moment to vote. 

I have one more thing to mention, I had been thinking of writing a story for a while and I finally started writing it. Please go check it out on my account and show some support as it's my first time ever writing an ICT love story. Looking forward to seeing yall there too :)

Until Next Time 👋🏼