Author's Note

Okay, so, a few things to know before you read this story:

1. This story follows the events of Dragons: Race to the Edge. Some things may be changed and there are scenes I've added, but it follows the basic plot of the series. I may also add entirely original 'episodes' but we'll see.

2. This story also follows the events of my other story Tip the Dragon Scales. I would suggest you read that one first to meet Ragnar (my OC) and get any context you might need.

3. I'm taking some inspiration from the TV series Vikings as well as general Norse mythology/legends/history. This is still the HTTYD version, but I'll probably pull from other sources for ideas and such. (Just a heads up: anything to do with the Norse gods will be pulled more from actual myths than from Marvel. You have been warned.)

4. The point returning readers have been waiting for: yes. Ragnar and Hiccup (Ragcup) will end up together. I ship them. You ship them. Berk ships them. That being said, prepare to be frustrated by the slowest of burns by these clueless boys. The line between 'best friends' and 'best friends who are also in love' is going to blur without them even noticing at first.

5. I've got multiple WIPs right now. A TV show also takes a lot longer to write out than a movie does. I can't guarantee how often I update, but I promise this story/series won't ever be abandoned.