1.01 Eye of the Beholder, Part 1

Hiccup falls upside-down through the air, completely calm despite the circumstances. He looks over when Toothless maneuvers himself to fall right beside him.

"Hey. So, just plummet or, uh, any ideas?"

Toothless grumbles as he turns himself so he can catch his reckless Viking, far too used to this situation.

Hiccup lands easily in the saddle. "I seriously have to get my own pair of wings." He locks his prosthetic in place as Toothless grumbles again. "Oh, quiet you. Don't even start. And don't tell Ragnar," he adds with a pointed look.

Toothless completely ignores the order. He will tell Ragnar that Hiccup is pulling dangerous stunts again. If he doesn't figure it out himself first, that is. The point is, Toothless won't be the one getting in trouble.

The two of them fly over Berk and take in all the changes made to the village. A few years have passed since they gained peace with the dragons and life is good. Even the war with the Berserkers three years ago couldn't keep them down for long.

Of course, the island isn't the only thing to have changed. They've all grown up and while it's more obvious in some than others, there's no denying it with any of them.

Hiccup himself has probably changed the most. He's grown taller (of height with Ragnar, he's proud to note) and is far from the walking fishbone he was before he trained a dragon. All that raw Vikingness finally decided to show itself.

As they fly over the village, he sees most of the rest of the gang going about their days.

Snotlout is pretty much the same- still cocky and headstrong but with a softer side he's occasionally willing to show around his friends. Gobber appointed him the official weapons tester and he's been enjoying the job.

The short Viking climbs into a catapult and launches himself through the air. "It works!" he cheers, falling toward the pile of pillows he set out.

The twins hurry over with a wagon full of weapons in an attempt to make him land in it instead. Tuffnut's dreadlocks are the biggest change for them. They're still as chaotic and mischievous as ever.

Now, however, they claim to have reason for it seeing as they've decided to dedicate themselves to Loki.

Snotlout screams when he notices the pile of weapons getting closer and closer. "Hookfang!" he calls, relieved when the Monstrous Nightmare catches him at the last possible second.

Hiccup shakes his head as he and Toothless fly by to the sound of Snotlout swearing vengeance on Ruff and Tuff. They pass over the Mead Hall where he sees Fishlegs doing his own job.

The large blond walks slowly in front of Meatlug who has three young Vikings on her back. "And if you look closely at the walls of the Great Hall, you'll still see puncture marks where the Speed Stingers attacked," he lectures, completely in his element. "Interesting fact about these dragons..."

Fishlegs trails off as he looks up and smiles.

"Oh. Oh, look, kids! We're in luck. Here come two of Berk's most famous heroes."

Stoick and Gobber, who are walking down the steps from the Hall, chuckle as they think he's talking about them.

"Ho, ho! Heroes?" Stoick repeats. "I've got some chiefing to do but I guess I could spare a moment-"

"Hiccup and the amazing Toothless!" Fishlegs goes on.

"-ah, to introduce my son and his Night Fury," Stoick quickly recovers. "Hooray!"

Toothless swoops low over them as the kids gasp and cheer, heading for the ocean. They're flying over open water when Astrid catches up to them on Stormfly.