Chapter 3

Naruto walks around the city after work. It was dark, but he certainly didn't care. He scrolled on his phone with his headphones on. He held onto a coffee in his other hand.

As he walked, he got a call.
'Sakura?'- Naruto thought.
He answered the audio call to a crying Sakura.

"H-hey? What's up? Why are you-"

"I-I got stood up! The cute guy I was talking about, stood me up!"

"Oh? I could head to the store and get you a couple things if you'd like? Ya know, snacks?"

"That would be nice! But, could you leave soon after? I plan on Talking to Hinata about it."

"Sure. I'll text you when I get there."

"Okay. Could you bring-"

Naruto hung up. Sakura is his friend in all, but her wanting to talk about another boy, makes him upset.
He's jealous. But also, why talk about someone else?

When talking with a person, you'd like to keep the conversation between you and the other person. Make jokes, talk about each other, make plants with each other, but talking about someone else is a bummer.

She always did that, but Sakura is an amazing friend. Naruto just assumes himself, that he's just jealous.

Naruto POV

Stood up? Wasn't-huh?

The dude that I talked to, was stood up. Maybe...no..well. Were they meant to go on the date together? Maybe..

I walked into the store with a ding. I wave to the cashier and he waved back. He's a nice old man. This store is the first place I ever worked when I came here for school.

"Yoo what's up old man?"

"Naruto, I'm like 50."

"See, old. You can't even remember your own age Ero Sennin."

"Whatever kid, how's the new job goin? Miss having you around."

"It's going good old man. Miss you too. People over there are assholes. Though, I love the karaoke."

"Yeah, I know. You danced all around this store like it was a stage. You'd sing all day during your shift."

"I sang today! People caught it one camera. If I had it, I'd show ya!"

"Hm, I glad you got to sing. Now, are you gonna shop or what?"

"Oh, yeah!"
I continued to walk over to an isle.
I know all of the snack that Sakura and Hinata loved. I got some for me, obviously. I got some for Shika, but I'm pretty sure he's on a date with Temari. More for me though.

As I walked around the chip isle, I could see the back of someone's head. The store is a small and the isle are short. The things between them are too.

"Hey old man!" I yell form the isle I'm in.

"What is it?"

"These," I held up a small box of Karaage fried chicken. "I'll buy 'em for ya!"

"Hm, I'd like that. Do whatever you want."

I chuckled and went back to shopping. I put the chicken in my basket.
I got a few drinks and headed to the cashier.

"So you are gonna buy the chicken?"

"You bet! You're like my father!"

"Speaking of which, how is he?"

...

How is he? I haven't talked to him. He said that I needed to get used to being alone on my own. I guess he is teaching me something, I'm just surprised that he'd stop talking to me.
I talk to mom though. Or, at least try. I can't say that, it'll just seem sad.

"He's doing great! Mom is too."

"Good to hear."

I chuckled as I handed him the cash.
I waved goodbye to him as I walked out of the store. I saw the dude from the restaurant.

"Hey!" I yelled to him.
He looked at me with an emotionless face.

"What?" He was near his car.

"You're the dude from the restaurant, right?"

"Yep, you're Kiba's annoying friend."

"Haha, ouch. Annoying, sure. Charming? Absolutely."

"Hm, sure. What do you want?"

"I got some extra snacks. Would you like them? Since you got stood up and everything."

"Hm, and how do I know that you didn't poison them?"

"If you don't want them, I guess I'll give 'em to someone else."

"Fine I'll take them, but what's the catch?"

"Catch? There isn't one. Just being nice." I handed him the bag of snacks and walked off. I chuckled to myself. Maybe the gesture will make him feel better. If he isn't even sad.

I messaged Kiba as I walked onto the campus.

_______________________________
Dog breath 🐶

(Bro? Where you at?)
                   (Just got back from the store why?)
(Oh, k. Did you possibly get Sakura smth?)
(Yeah? Why?)
(Keep it. She's over here at Rock
Lee's party. She's dancing all over
The place.)
(Oh, thanks for telling me bro)
(Yeah, no prob. Ttyl ✌️)
(Yeah, see ya. ✌️)

_______________________________

She lied? She wouldn't lie.

_______________________________

🌸 Sakura 🌸

                                            (Hey, where are ya?)
(I'm at my dorm. Why? Did you bring the snacks?)
         (No. I didn't have enough money, sorry)
(Oh, what a bummer.)
                                               (Wanna hang out?)
(No, sorry. I'm really tired)
                           (Yeah, I would be too. Parties     
                                    make me so exhausted)
(What? What are you talking about?)
               (Kiba told me. Must be really tiring)
(Naruto. I'm sorry)
                                                         (Sure ya are)
_______________________________

I'm a damn fool, aren't I?

I sat on my bed..crying. After all those years of friendship, she lied to me. She used me for snacks? Is she just using me?!
For fucking years, I thought that our friendship meant something. Guess it doesn't.

Does she even wanna hang out with me anymore? Is that why she lied?
She lied..