Prologue: A New Prophecy

Hello everyone, author here. I was so inspired after the singular fic that I've decided to turn it into a full-on fanfiction. For those that are wof lore aficionados, I am adding a space in time between the end of Darkness of Dragons and epilogue where Moon meets Luna. That span of time is where this story takes place. It will be a Qinter pairing of course, and I am so excited to explore this new franchise since I've mainly stuck to Legend of Zelda. I hope that you enjoy, and I will do everything I can to deliver the same quality that my amazing readers have come to expect from me. For those who enjoy the shorter pieces, don't worry. I will still be putting out short fics in-between working on this bigger piece. Without further ado, let's do this thing.

- Christian

It all started with Darkstalker. The self-proclaimed wizard king of Pyrrhia. Most of the world knows that he was defeated, presumably killed, and left it at that. Pyrrhia has been returning to a strange normalcy after the almost world-shattering consequences of Darkstalker's crusade against the world at large. The main players have mostly retired from the stage and are now trying to handle the ramifications of his actions. One such player is Winter, the once refined prince who hailed from the Kingdom of Ice. He struggles with the almost near genocide of his culture and people, and his new life as someone of no better standing than any other dragon. Another is Qibli, the intelligent and cunning rogue who wove silvery words into Darkstalker's ear and helped create an opportunity for the victory against him. Lastly, we have the third side of this triangle. The ever-fascinating Moonwatcher and her abilities. Not only able to read the very thoughts of others but receive prophecies that determine the fate of nations.

There is a palpable tension between these three close friends, all having had their heartstrings pulled by one another. In the end, Winter and Qibli both had petitioned Moonwatcher for her heart and the rogue had prevailed over the prince. Yet, it was not a victory in a traditional sense. Moonwatcher was not simply a prize to be won, to suggest as much would be a gross degradation of the accomplished seer. It should be noted that the friends had remained closely bonded even through everything that had transpired. Even with Darkstalker's tyrannical, yet short lived, rule and the near annihilation of the icewings. With the threat now effectively vanquished, locked within the heart of an innocent child, they have all decided to chart a path forward in their lives. The methods in which they did so, and their degrees of success, differ greatly from one another.

This is where Qibli is found, struggling not only to handle a new relationship, but perhaps the ushering in of a new world without the influence of an omnipotent wizard. He paces around a meadow of deep green grass, his brow furrowed and deep in thought.

"Flowers? Flowers seem nice, but perhaps she won't like flowers. If she doesn't like them, she will know that I assumed her tastes based on her gender alone instead of relying on my knowledge of her personally. Though, the thought and the meaning behind them should convey my emotions more than the simplicity of giving the flowers themselves," He paused, standing in place. "I'm reading too far into this."

Qibli glided off to the side and grabbed a handful of icy-blue and yellow flowers. He started heading towards the spot in the rainforest where he knew she liked to lounge. It was almost humorous how much the rainforest altered her habits, almost as if she intrinsically adapted to the lifestyle of the rainwings. As he was thinking this over, he flew through the colorful and comfy looking village. It was a strange dynamic as he could see pitch black nightwings interspersed with the explosion of color that rainwings were.

He located Kinkajou's vibrant home and circled down. It was a modest home, like many of the rainwing's abodes. Resembling a small hut like structure covered with trappings and woven together with large palm leaves. However, referring to them as such would be a great disservice to the rainwings. They were finely crafted, artistry melded with practicality. Enough to weather the worst tropical storms and harshest winds. Kinkajou's in particular was interwoven with colorful vines, fruits, and and flowers. He raised a claw and parted the curtain of leaves that made up the doorway.  

"Moon? I know it's been really tough lately, but I was hoping to cheer you up," he announced, walking through the space.

He turned to the side and noticed her, same as always. Beautiful, smooth, shiny purple-black scales, dark green eyes, the stark white scale in the corner like a tear drop about to fall.

She turned to him, smiling slightly as she noticed the flowers in his hands. When she spoke, it was in a low, gentle tone.

"We need to talk."