Chapter 8: The Prince and...the Other Prince

(The song for this chapter is I Kissed a Boy by Jupither)

Winter awoke, his eyes squinting at the sunlight streaking into the room. He was still faced towards the wall and spread his wings slightly, feeling immediate resistance.

Oh right... last night, Winter blushed. The whole ordeal was so spontaneous and intense. He hadn't even thought about it till now, and it finally settled over him.

Me and Qibli, Qibli and I, this is so ridiculous, he shook his head. If someone had told him a few weeks ago that he would be cuddled up with Qibli after a steamy make out session, he would have probably threatened to slice some faces off. Yet, this was real life, this was his new reality, and he liked it.

He felt a claw tighten around his chest as he felt shuffling behind him. A groggy voice which said, "Morning."

Winter shifted his body around and was now face to face with the sleepy sand wing, "Good morning. Sleep well?"

"Mhm," he felt Qibli pull him into a tight embrace. "Yes, yes I did."

Winter yawned, "Well, we've got to get up sometime."

"Five more minutes, I want to cuddle," Qibli replied, not ceasing his hug.

Winter rolled his eyes, "Fine, but only because I don't want to drag you out of here by the collar."

When they did finally get up, Winter made his way into the kitchen and looked outside. A sudden realization and flash of annoyance in his tone, "By the moons, it's nearly midday!"

"Come now, I don't think a lazy day is going to kill you your highness," Qibli joked, letting out a yawn.

"Well, I've got shopping that I need to do. And I must get there before all the good produce is gone," Winter explained, gesturing with a claw.

Qibli stretched in a very cat-like way, hearing several pops, "Ah, there we are. Shopping sounds fun, it's a date."

The prince didn't have the energy to respond and just settled on getting a few things together for their trip to town. Nothing major, but he left the house with a few bags and satchels on his sides. Qibli didn't bring any such items and seemed to be simply happy to tag alone. Evidenced by the fact that even with their chokers tying them together, it never even got close to being an issue. Qibli was almost attached at the hip to Winter, always within his space and either brushing wings or twining his tail with the prince's.

So, he's the physical type. Interesting, Winter noted.

Love language was not an alien concept to Winter, especially with his book learning. The thought that everyone displayed and received love in different ways and having preferences for it. It was clear to him that Qibli did not have a subtle love language and was very open and obvious with it. As such, Winter found himself naturally reciprocating in any way that he could. A brush of the wings here, a slight bump of the shoulder there, just small touches and affectionate gestures. He enjoyed it quite a bit too. Especially seeing the way Qibli's smile would brighten when he glanced at him. It didn't even distract from their objective as they made their way into the market proper. With Winter jumping right into negotiations over fruits, vegetables, and other consumable goods.

Qibli sat by and watched, making light conversation with those around him while Winter handled things. It was quite an interesting experience, coming from the laxer and slower rainforest lifestyle. There was a constant ebb and flow of dragons moving throughout the space. With others either set up in stalls or in temporary spots, some even as simple as a rug or fabric spread out on the ground with items. He could also spot every variety of dragon imaginable. Sky wings, night wings, sea wings, sand wings, etc. With a few dragonets running around that he couldn't place. Some were primarily appearing to be of one tribe, but also having features of another. Perhaps a strong word, but there was no other way to describe them but being hybrids. Something about it just made Qibli smile. After so many years of the politics of queens and wars trying to keep them apart, love always prevails in the end.