Chapter 14

When it was revealed of Korekiyo and his surprising and disturbing "secret", I felt second handed sadness for Maki and Himiko. Their friends were basically killed for some girl who died. I could definitely tell something about that "relationship" was wrong, in more ways then one. I could tell that Kaito still felt guilty for not being there. I went to talk to him.

I saw that he was in his lab, it was very space like- It was almost comforting.

"Oh- Shuichi! Hey, what's brings you around here?" Kaito said with his usual smile. It was a really nice smile, I liked seeing him happy. "Oh, I just wanted to talk to you about the whole thing that happened and before it happened- if that's okay with you that is." I saw shyly as I didn't know if he had would want to in the first place. But he cut my train of thought with: "sure, go ahead. Sit and make yourself comfy!" Again with that smile- it's blinding I swear.

"Well, I could see that you were upset, was it about the ritual thing?" I asked curiously. "Yeah.., I just got worried I wouldn't be able to protect you and Maki Roll. I hate when my weaknesses or fear gets the better of me. It makes me mad and feel a bit..... Useless in a way." I never knew he felt that way. I honestly feel stupid that I didn't catch on. "Oh.., well you shouldn't let them get in the way of the these you love or your goals. Fear and weaknesses have there own weaknesses. When your not scared of something or don't let stuff bring you down you can accomplish so much more then you intend to. Take it from someone still battling there own weaknesses and fear. It won't get better. I won't Suger coat it.

But it will naturally become less bad then it was before. Being alive is something most don't cherish. People don't cherish stuff that you do and take them for granted. Or they let there weaknesses and fear get in the way. Your much stronger. I believe you can do just as much as you want to without your doubts.the impossible is possible, all you have to do is make it so. Isn't that what you said?"

When I finished, he gave me a bone crushing hug, I could hear him.. crying? "H-hey Shuichi? Sniffles(?)" "Yes Kaito?" I say with a small blush on my face. "Thanks f-for sniffles(?) Being such a great person to me and Maki. If Kaede was here she would be so happy and proud of you.". I could feel tears running down my face as he said that, I still didn't feel like people COULD be proud and happy with me. To hear someone as amazing as Kaito say that made me cry just as much as he was and still is.

It became nighttime, I slept in Kaito's room since we both needed to be comforted in a situation like that. He said I could sleep under his covers since he said that he was a "human heater" while he slept on top with a blanket. If I wasn't in need of sleep and kaito's comfortable warmth then I would've been basically melted, kinda like ice cream on a REALLY hot day.

-Little note-
Hey guys, sorry for the VERY late chapter. But I plan on uploading Chapter 15 soon. Hope you guys have a good day/night/mid-day/midnight/morning 😊