Chapter 14

Bella's POV

After the date Carlos brought me back to my room and kissed me goodnight. That date was well over due and was just so magical. I remember falling onto my bed and dreaming of my life with him. Carlos is my whole world and he was so amazing. What he pulled off was absolutely breathtaking and asking me out as if we haven't been together for the last six months was so heart warming. Ugh! He's so romantic! He makes my heart melt.

But that's not what today is about. Today is a huge day for Carlos and Mal. Today was cotillion day. Everyone is running around doing last minute things, including me. It's been a crazy few hours and Jane was doing just as much running around as I was.

"Jane!" I smiled as she ran up to me

"The stain glass is finished, just look how beautiful it is!" Jane gushed

Jane showed me the finished project and I put a hand over my heart. My brother was a genius. Once Mal sees this she'll know exactly who my brother fell in love with. 

"And my gift?" I asked "if it's not with you I understand. It was super last minute"

Jane shook her head and gave me a piece of paper.

"It's all here for you, address and all. It's an fantastic gift for Carlos. He's going to love it. And your gifts for Jay and Evie are super thoughtful as well" Jane smiled "they're all lucky that you care for them"

I looked at Jane and reached into my bag, handing her a small royal blue box.

"Don't think you're work went unnoticed" I smiled

Jane gasps as she held the box.

"Bella, you shouldn't have!" She smiled

Jane opened the box and smiled brightly. She took the necklace out of the box and put it on.

"Oh Bella you shouldn't have, this is so amazing" Jane smiled wide

The necklace had a little pink bow on it followed by her name written in gold. Her last necklace broke when she was getting everything down so I figured I could get her a new one. Jane gave me a huge hug and I giggled.

"You're very welcome" I smiled "anything for my best friend who has been so amazing in helping me"

Jane ran away in joy but before I could move I was stopped by my brother and he looked somewhat concerned.

"Hey Ben" I smiled

"Should we cancel?" He asked "cotillion I mean"

I shook my head immediately after his question.

"Absolutely not. We put so much people through so much work. We are not going to cancel. I get that you and Mal hit a rough spot but come on Ben! You two still love each other. Go get ready for cotillion and you'll see that everything is going to work out perfect" I smiled

Ben nodded and gave me a hug.

"Thank sis, I really needed to hear that" He kissed my forehead and ran away

I shook my head and laughed. My laughter stopped when I noticed Mal was having another episode. I quickly made my way over and made her look at me.

"Mal honey.. breath. Look at me." I said

Mal looked at me with her glowing eyes and took a breath. She stopped freaking out and Evie came rushing over. This made me wonder if her episode had to do with what happened in the limo on the way back home.

Flashback:

We all sat the in limo, me being in between Evie and Carlos. All of us were trying to catch our breath and once I caught mine, I watched as Ben was looking at Mal. Mal met his eyes and he looked very disappointed. But it wasn't in her, it was in himself.