War - Part 2

TW: Mentions of violence and death

Chaos. Screaming. Blaster fire.

The red dust kicked up around them the deafening sound of thousands of wings beating and buzzing all around them. Voices calling for blood. Cheers in some language she didn't know. She stood beside her employer, the large man in the black cloak... There was fighting going on below, creatures and people, some kind of large open space.

Suddenly there was a familiar hiss and a glowing beam of a lightsaber blade appeared before her, but it was an unusual colour... purple? A quick glance and Boba was beside her, safe. But the threat from the Jedi was very imminent. She wasn't worried though... it was just one Jedi-- but then she noticed more laser swords out of the corner of my eye, in blues and greens. More of them! So many! She stayed still, this will have to be done with care, one wrong move-- but she remained confident, she could take this one!

The uneasy tension was broken and suddenly chaos exploded again, the wings of the creatures around her screamed in her ears and she wished she had her helmet on to block it. Amid the madness her employer nodded his head and she jammed her hemlet on, ready to fight this Jedi scum! She shot into the air, keeping control of the battle by making or closing the distance. She used all the tools at her disposal and fought bravely against the offending Force-wielder. She saw an opportunity... the beast was wearing the Jedi down... She had to strike, but the big horned creature she had seen earlier knocked her down and ran right over her. She jumped up, firing on the Jedi, he was getting closer, she had to blast out of there -- wait! The jetpack wasn't responding! Suddenly there was a burning sensation at her neck, and the world spun. She fell to the ground, looking up to see silver and blue armour... but there was no helmet... where was the helmet?

-)O(-

Zaiya awoke with a gasp, her gaze scanned the room immediately for threats-- none... the room was empty and dark. She reached over and flicked the small lamp on, the light was a warm hue compared to the usual cold light of the overhead panels. She took a deep breath, the dreams were getting worse since the Ritual. The tanyz'une powder had done something and she felt different since then. Was it the vision she'd seen? It was maddening... trying to recall such vastness was in vain, she knew this but... still it burned in her... that there was something there and she might just be at the fringes of such knowledge. Though... seeing through Jango's eyes was disconcerting... and frightening. She didn't want that fate for him... though how was she to change it beyond what she had already said?

"When the Jedi come, take Boba and go..." was what she'd said... but the dream-- or vision, whatever it could be called, felt more tangible this time, more focused. Perhaps she could add more detail and hope that he would listen to her warning.

It wasn't just the dream, of course. Something was coming, of that she was sure, she'd felt it in the Force since Zygerria... now it felt like the calm before the storm, though more accurately it now it felt like the winds had begun to pick up. Jango had been back a short while, Boba had calmed down about Zam... but the both of them still mourned in their own way. Zaiya had taken charge in regard to training the ARCs in order to give him time to grieve, but she didn't think Jango minded so much. There had only been a few sessions now, and Jango's distanced state wasn't the only thing she noticed. She had begun paying closer attention to how they ran the gauntlet. They were far better than they were previously and even Havoc had been able to give directions around the facility from memory. She was proud of them, impressed by them... but what Jango had said was bothering her. Was she expecting too much of them? She was sure Talzin would have had her run something like this at least twenty times in a day... and while poison gases flooded the chamber. The boys seemed alright, their emotions seemed relatively normal , they weren't angrier or more miserable than anything she had noticed. She certainly didn't want them to be miserable. Though she didn't notice that they seemed pleased either. It shouldn't matter because she wasn't here to make friends. So why was she thinking about it so much?