Guilt - Part 2

Zaiya stormed through the facility to the inpatient ward. She'd arrived on the station shortly after Rex had relayed to her what had happened.

Ventress. Again.

The battle of Khorm had many casualties and from what she'd been able to read on the way over, Wolffe had performed admirably. Acting as though he was no longer missing part of his face. It was after the battle that he was sent to the Kaliida Shoals Medical Centre, the very one he'd been sent to after the Malevolence incident. And also the same one the Malevolence had once targeted earlier in the war.

Immediately she was on edge, she hated medical facilities at the best of times. It was all white and pristine, just like Kamino and the whole place had shivers running up her spine. It didn't matter though, she had more important things to do.

"Lieutenant-General Siren, what a surprise," the willowy frame and almost sing-song voice of Nala Se broke her from her rumination and stopped her in her current path. Zaiya looked up at the Kaminoan's unblinkingly wide and dark eyes and frowned.

"Where is Commander Wolffe of the 104th Battalion?" she asked briskly. Nala Se paused.

"He has come in for scans, we are determining if he is fit for prosthesis or decommission," she said far too calmly for the Nightsister's liking.

"Decommission?!" she snarled, "after his stellar record? Because he was injured?!" She was ready to grab Nala Se by her scrawny neck for that.

"The clone has had significant damage, the cost alone--"

"Is worth it, I trained that man and he is one of the greatest soldiers I have met. What is the prosthesis?"

"An eye. The debate on efficiency in battle is currently being discussed," the scientist continued.

"So long as it is a quality piece, he will still be able to fight and it will not hinder his performance," Zaiya said with confidence.

"How can you be certain?" Nala Se asked. Zaiya's own mismatched eyes narrowed.

"Look me in the eye and ask that again," she drawled in response.

"How can you be so sure of this clone?" Nala Se clarified.

"I already told you, I trained him," she repeated, "I can vouch for him, Captain Alpha-17 can vouch for him, I am sure any of his men or even his General will say the same, now where is he?" These damn Kaminoans were always so aggravating, were it not for the agreement, she would have far harsher words to say to this one. However Nala Se didn't seem to care and just stared at her, a tiny flicker of annoyance was all Zaiya could sense in the female.

"The Jedi General of this clone seems equally adamant to ensure his rehabilitation. As it happens, your signature is helpful for the paperwork to approve the procedure, please, come this way." Nala Se gestured in front of her and turned to lead the Nightsister down the corridor, however their path was blocked by a Kel Dor in a Jedi robe.

"Koh-to-yah, Nala Se," the Jedi greeted. "And this must be Lieutenant-General Siren," he looked to Zaiya, at least, she thought he did, it was difficult to tell with the mask he wore.

"Ya a teh," Zaiya replied warily. A greeting in her own tongue to mirror his. "And you are?" She could fathom a guess.

"I am Jedi Master Plo Koon, and Wolffe is my Commander," he explained.

"Ah. I see, then you are also here for him."

"Yes, I believe there was some debate?"

"It seems the argument for the procedure has a strong backing," Nala Se interrupted, "we can proceed, provided we have the proper paperwork in order."