Chapter 3: Six Red Roses (393-397)

You probably know that red roses symbolize love and passion, but you may not know that the color, number, and how roses are combined have coded meanings.

Six red roses means I adore you.

——————————

The next time Alberu saw Cale in person was in his own bedroom. Which sounds incredibly wrong if you take Alberu's feelings into consideration.

Sadly enough (for Alberu, that is), that sentence had no double connotations.

Alberu was working on some paperwork when Cale, Rosalyn, and Raon suddenly teleported into his bedroom.

"Why... Did you have to come to my bedroom?" He frowned while putting his seal on a document.

Cale greeted him happily with a blinding smile, "Your Highness, you are as bright as the sun even during the night time. This loyal subject is about to cry tears of admiration seeing you working so hard even in your bedroom."

"...This is driving me nuts."

Cale had called him around 30 minutes earlier, saying he was going to come to his bedroom. He totally gave Alberu a mini heart attack. Of course, Alberu had no choice but to tell Cale to hurry over after hearing what it was about.

Was he disappointed? Perhaps.

However, no matter how infatuated Alberu was, it still didn't stop him from frowning at Cale's blatant disrespectful act as the young noble sat and ate his cookies without being invited. He even motioned for Rosalyn to sit down and offered the cookies and some tea.

Alberu could only sigh when Rosalyn peeked toward him before nodding her head with an awkward expression at Cale's offer for tea.

He still got up and prepared the tea himself, though.

"Thank you very much, Your Highness," Rosalyn said, taking the freshly brewed cup of tea.

"It was nothing."

Alberu motioned to Rosalyn with his hand to say that it was nothing before placing the other teacup in front of Cale and sat at the head of the table between Cale and Rosalyn.

He then noticed Cale's blank stare.

"...Are you staring off into space?"

"Yes, Your Highness," came Cale's nonchalant reply.

Alberu did not know what to say.

Not for the first time since he realized his attraction, he asked himself just why would he fall for this red haired man.

He's a selfless noble person who knows and accepts you for who you are, his mind helpfully answered his pondering.

He cares for his people, prioritizes them all the time, never hesitates to do the best for them, would rather get hurt than seeing his people in harm's way-

'Okay I get it!' He internally screamed.

He's also very gorgeous and dangerously hot, like have you seen him? Those bright red strands of silky soft hair, slim and long fingers that would fit just right in your own hands, luscious lips that look so tempting, pale skin that begs to be explored-

'OKAY STOP, SERIOUSLY!'

It took all of his willpower and years of experience to keep a blank face as he sipped his tea.

This tea sure is piping hot, he frowned when the hot tea nearly scalded his tongue.

It didn't take long until more people arrived (in his bedroom, of all places) and their little meeting started.