Chapter 7

Izzie stood in the doorway to Meredith's room, her face expressing a shocked look as the others slowly come up behind her, Meredith staring at her with wide eyes.

"Yes I am, why?"

"You woke up from a coma not even a week ago and they are discharging you? You really have them wrapped around your finger don't you?" She snapped harshly, Meredith frowning.

"I am being discharged against medical advice, it took a lot of persuading" She replied bluntly, trying to push back her emotions as the others stared at her.

"And you pass all the criteria?"

"I'm staying at Alex's apartment and he is going to bring me in for Physio and my appointments" She saw the insulted look cross Izzie's face, wondering what could have annoyed her so much about that.

"What about your house? Where we stay?" George perked up from in the corner, Meredith's eyes flickering in his direction, though he couldn't hold eye contact. Meredith didn't get a chance to talk before Izzie spoke up again, her voice full of disgust.

"Clearly she doesn't want to stay at home anymore" She stormed away, George scurrying off after her leaving Cristina and Derek in the doorway.

"Did you even ask them if you could go home?" Cristina asked, slight disappointment in her voice shocking Meredith.

"You think they gave me the chance?" Meredith shouted causing Cristina to jump back, crossing her arms across her chest before storming off in the same direction Izzie and George went. Meredith looked at Derek now who was still looking at her, his eyes soft, full of sadness.

"Go on, say what you have to say" Meredith's tone made Derek think before he spoke, but he just shook his head and walked away, Meredith's jaw dropping slightly as a tear rolled down her cheek. She could see everyone from outside the room staring at her through the window, her head turning away as more tears consumed her, her sobs silent as she buried her head into the pillow.

The next day

Alex paced Meredith's room as he waited for Bailey to bring her back from the bathroom where she was helping her get changed. He felt a smile spread across his face when they come around the corner, Meredith not looking too happy about being in a wheelchair.

"Ready?" She nodded her head slowly, Bailey ushering chief to take the wheelchair.

"I'll take you to the car while Alex and Bailey get your medication" Meredith merely nodded as he wheeled her off, Alex frowning at Bailey who picked up Meredith's go bag, ushering him to follow her to the pharmacy to pick up her prescriptions.

"The entire hospital is talking about her. The others were't too happy about her being discharged and took it out on her last night" Alex's face dropped, his eyes filling with anger.

"What the hell did they do?"

"They were angry overall that she was being discharged and the fact she never asked them to go home. Apparently McBastard let her take it all and never helped. Even Yang had something to say"

"I can't believe them. After everything she has been through and they are blaming her" He shouted angrily, turning as if he was going to storm and find them, Bailey taking his arm.

"She want's to leave Seattle Grace Karev, when she is better. She doesn't want to finish her internship here, and I don't think she should either. She deserves better"

"We just got her back"

"I know, and I am very impressed with how you have handled this, so I want to trust that you will help her when she is back on her feet" Alex sighed, nodding his head. They got the medication and headed to the car, Meredith sitting in the passengers seat, her head buried in her hands. Richard nodded in the direction of the doorway, Alex and Bailey spotting Izzie, George, Cristina, Derek and Addison in a group, neither of them looking their direction. Alex felt his blood boil as he threw the bag he had at Richard, heading in their direction, ignore Bailey's protests. He heard their conversation die down when they spotted her approaching, Alex stopping short in front of them all.

"What the hell is the matter with all of you? She went missing, and nobody was bothered, and the fact you have all stopped caring now that she is back is heartless and you don't deserve her consideration. I hope you are all satisfied with yourself" His voice broke slightly, his eyes flickering to Derek who he looked up and down.

"You told me you loved her. You cried to me that you loved her and chose wrong and now you are doing it again, throwing it all away again. And any respect I had left for you has gone, for all of you" He shared a look with Addison before staring at his fellow interns, turning on his heel to walk back to the car. Before he made it all the way, he turned back one final time, his hands shaking as he shouted.

"She was always good to every single one of you, and if this is how you are truly going to treat her I don't want anything to do with any of you" He felt slightly satisfied with himself as he headed to the drivers side, Meredith shocked with how he had stood up for her.

"Thank you" She whispered, Alex nodding, Bailey and Richard saying their goodbyes as they drove off.

Hey guys Shayne here!😊
How do you feel about this chapter?