Chapter 11

Meredith exited the confrence room with the head of surgery at Seattle Pres, the other interns coming down the stairs, spotting Alex who had been waiting outside the room for her. They all overheard the tall woman speak, her voice filled with joy.

"We would be happy to have you Dr Grey, I will await your call. And I am glad you are well again!" They shook hands, Meredith's face glowing.

"Thank you so much Dr Thompson, I will be in contact with you by the end of the week" The departed from each other, Alex hiding his hurt behind a huge grin, Meredith coming up to him.

"So, how did it go? Was she terrible?" He joked, Meredith shaking her head.

"She was amazing actually. There something fresh about her that I really liked"

"So, you are leaving?" She sighed, wrapping her arm around his shoulder as they headed off in the direction of the changing room.

"I don't know Alex, probably. I know you are really against me going but, it's not like I am going far, and I will still be living with you. I mean, it's not like I can go back to my house. You know, I spoke to Izzie today" He raised his eyebrows, them stopping in their tracks.

"Really?" She nodded, running her hand through her hair.

"It was okay, I mean we talked about surgery. But it felt nice, you know. I have missed her, I have missed them all. So, maybe things will start looking up"

"Which is exactly why you should't leave" He argued weakly, but she shrugged, a heavy sigh escaping her lips.

"Come on, I am starving. We can pick up pizza on the way home"

"I'll meet you in there" She nodded and headed up, Alex leaning against the nurses station in thought. He spotted the others and slowly approached them, an awkward smile covering his face.

"Hey" They all returned the smile, Izzie jumping right into it.

"Is it true that Mer is transferring?"

"She seems pretty adamant on it, unless I can change her mind"

"Can we help?" Cristina butted in, Alex frowning.

"We know, we have been horrible but now is our chance to make amends. We don't want her to leave any more than you do, so let us stop it" He crossed his arms across his chest, tilting his head in thought.

"You honestly think she is just going to accept you all back after what you put her through" Izzie cringed, George standing up to speak.

"It's worth a try right?"

"What exactly have you got in mind?"

"Come around for dinner tonight. Derek will be there, just, try and get her to mingle with us again" He sighed, running his hand down his face.

"If she finds out we are setting her up she will kill us, all of us"

"We know, but she have to try anyway" He nodded, turning around to leave.

"7pm" He shouted back, them all grinning towards each other. Alex headed to the changing room where Meredith was already dressed, sitting on the bench putting her shoes on.

"Hey, erm, Cristina just came up to me" He slid in next to her, Meredith raising an eyebrow as she looked up.

"Really? What happened?"

"She was wondering if we wanted to go around for dinner" Meredith laughed slightly, wondering if he was being serious. When he cringed she sat up straight, looking him dead in the eye.

"Seriously? Why?" He shrugged, Meredith narrowing her eyes at him.

"I guess that would be okay. Is it just Cristina?"