Chapter 1. Slowly then all at once

( Akira's p.o.v )
Steven and I couldn't be anymore perfect for each other. I met him in July. He definitely made my summer better. We spent the summer talking, laughing, face timing until 7.am, watching movies, everything. We couldn't see each other in person because he travels every summer. Steven really liked me, but I was still in love with my ex. Jay. We weren't together long but I really liked him. I thought it was worth the fight. We went together April 13th and broke up May 12th. I wasted 4 months of my life holding on to something that wasn't even there. Jay would lead me on to nothing. He would talk to me some days, others he would ignore me. He would only call me when he wanted something. Like if he was horny or something. August I decided that I was done. Steven was there for me the whole time. Steven was the kind of boy you only meet once. He was quiet in a world of thunder. The kind of boy who is smart and funny. He read books no ones assigned to him. If I say something dumb for a laugh he'll say something twice as dumb to make me laugh. He also gets weird and wise in a way I could never be. He was Lightskin about two or three shades from being white. He was 5'10. He had dark thick hair and sad eyes. His smile alone was enough to make my day. I think I loved him after he told me that he liked to read. But I really started loving him on that stormy night in August. We love rain. It was about 10 when the power went out and I didn't have a way to talk to him. I stared out my window thinking of him the whole night. Watching the trees blow in the fast winds , as the water covered my window. Listening to the sounds of thunder and rain. I even cried. I felt as if I needed him. That's when I knew. On September 12th I told Steven I was ready for a relationship. I loved him with every part of me. He was the only guy I've genuinely loved. He was my first love. He taught me how to feel when no one ever could. He allowed me to experience true love. The vibes. The unfathomable vibes only we could create and understand. Our relationship was so beautiful. I enjoyed every second with him. I met his family, I loved his mom she was so nice.She used to take us to get chicken shawarmas after school. One day she took us to the Denquindre cut. It was so beautiful. It was once a free way that was turned into a bike trail. Art was everywhere. It was astonishing. He would write me poems, blow my phone up at night, call me baby girl.He was so perfect. My kind of perfect. After two months my world came crashing down when my mom started to abuse me again.

Okay, hi guys. Thanks for reading I really appreciate you guys so much. I didn't want this to be really long but I wanted to give you guys a visual of Akira, Steven and their love. I didn't want it to be too long. I hate first chapters. They're so boring,But yeah thanks guys -kamiko